Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shelbourne Road Post Office?

Options
  • 08-01-2008 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know which end of Shelbourne Road this PO is on. Ballsbridge end or....?????

Also does anyone know if you can get a courier to pick up a registered letter from the PO?

Cheers

Sarah

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

This place is fairly well hidden - its down the other end of Shelbourne Road i.e. not the Ballsbridge end. If you are walking from Ballsbridge it is just before the first set of traffic lights on the left hand side inside an office block. Go in and there is a silver An Post sign on the wall on the left and the door is to the right of this ...possibly the most convoluted reply for directions ever. anyhoo... I dont know if you can get a courier to pick it up - on the docket you need someone to sign if they are picking it up on behalf of you - so I suppose if you get the courier to do this they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

So is it down beside Slattery's pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

Hmm not too sure but if you walk down from Ballsbridge you cant miss it

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

It's pretty much opposite Shelbourne Ave

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

there is a normal post office on shelbourne road opposite 4star pizza and the indian restaurant but there is also a sorting office towards Lansdowne Road in Shelborne House (IIRC) but not as far as Slatts

Have had to go to the sorting office a few times to pick up parcels and the like.

http://www.dto.ie/web2006/images/lansdowne.pdf....little map of the area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Thanks Ruggie, I picked up the package and it was packets of yummy sweets sent by a friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

SarahSassy wrote: »
    I picked up the package and it was packets of yummy sweets
    And they registered a packet of sweets! :confused:

Were they "funny" sweets? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 KonstanDKAY

hey guys, what time does this sorting office open at? don't have the delievry docket:(

and searched everywhere online for opening hours!

thanks

Advertisement