Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom summons

Options
  • 08-01-2008 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Background. I was in a house last year where I set up an eircom line. I had it about 9 month when I moved out of the house and in my stupidity forgot to cancel the account. Never thought anymore about it till my ex landlord rang me and said that a summons had come to the house today for an unpaid bill of €145. I cannot contact eircom till the morning when I will pay off this but what will happen then? Can they revoke the summons or what is the best route I should take?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Its only a civil matter so it should go away once paid...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I'd be amazed if eircom brought you to court for €145 tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

you have to be handed a summons..... asfaik by a garda

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

ted1 wrote: »
    you have to be handed a summons..... asfaik by a garda

correct or a family member / next of kin only. your landlord should not have accepted it nor should had it have been handed to him in the first place.

first off what you will need to do before anything else is meet up with the landlord and see whats on the summons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

it's probably not a summons, but a letter that says "this is what the summons will look like if you don't pay soon".

• Advertisement
Advertisement