Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Named Driver Help !

Options
  • 08-01-2008 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

Ok im about to get insured on my own car but insurance quote is 2200

If I get insured as a named driver under my mother it is 1100

I seriously am scraping the 2200 but I have it.
    If I go under my mother and have an accident (hopefully) I wont but will it feck up her NCB. She has 5 or 6 years.

What should I do ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Does she have her own car? Because if she has stopped driving the ncb will expire ( i no quinn wont accept it if its more than 2 years old not sure about others) in a couple of years anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭yeah-boy

Stekelly wrote: »
    Does she have her own car? Because if she has stopped driving the ncb will expire ( i no quinn wont accept it if its more than 2 years old not sure about others) in a couple of years anyway.

No she has her own car ? Can she use NCB on 2 cars ?

Aghhh i may aswell pay full whack :(

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

yeah-boy wrote: »
    No she has her own car ? Can she use NCB on 2 cars ?

No, it can only be used on one. So if you got a quote that includes her having her 5 or 6 years ncb it's not valid. You'll have to get a quote with her having no ncb.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

No she can't use her NCB on 2 Cars, but depending on the company, her NCB may be affected by a claim by you.

If you do go with becoming a named on your own car (as I did) add your dad if possible as another named driver before yourself and depending on the company the premium will reduce further. It does with Hibernian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭yeah-boy

Hey Ste thats cool,700 in the difference with her being main with no NCB, may aswell get it myself, too much hassle and I can build up my own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Stekelly wrote: »

QFT.

Next years premium will be nothing like this year's. Get it out of the way and get your full license within the year if you can.

My first insurance in a 1.4 back in 2000 was IR£4,000. I estimate today, you would have to pay about €6k- €7k to have the same impact.

Advertisement