Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Àuctioneer bankruptcy

• 08-01-2008 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hopefully someone here can help me. I am in the process of purchasing a new house, my house is on the market for somewhile now. I was checking on the house that I am purchasing and it appears that the agent has gone out of business and has declared bankrupt. I only found this all out by accident today.

Can anyone tell me if the deposit that I paid him is safe and what action should I take if it isn't.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

In theory it should be in a separate client account. However, given the recent shenanigans before the courts, I would get your solicitor to make sure.

Check if the auctioneer is an IAVI member and if the have a compensation scheme.

Are you certain it is bankruptcy? Not administration or anything similar?

You really need to talk to your solicitor and get him to clarify things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 dryle

He wasn't a member of the Iavi, he was remax. I was looking for details of the house that we were/are buying and could not find them. I contacted Remax and they said he no longer held the franchise with them. I have contacted my solicitor last night and he is making inquiries.

I searched his name and it came up on courts.ie under bankruptcy. I can't get the page to laod for me today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

That sounds bad. Hopefully it ain't as bad as it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

More academically. Is the auctioneer an agent of the seller. Surely, if the property is bought by teh person who has paid the deposit, then the buyer can still claim the credit of the money paid against the final price?

Note, at times an auctioneer is the agent of the buyer and after an auction can sign on behalf of the buyer.

Advertisement