Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Door Seals.

Options
  • 08-01-2008 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

I have a wooden exterior (Munster joinery) door. Its about ten years old and has been well maintained.
    Can I replace the rubber seals around the door and if so what is the best type seal , thickness width etc. Also, how do I seal under the door. I cannot lift the door off. Can I seal the letterbox. Where is best to buy the materials.
    Any info please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 JBCFord

I would contact Munster joinery first and check are the door seals still covered by warranty or for an out of warranty maintenance service or inform you of what type of seal to you need to get

Seals don’t generally last as long as the products life span be it doors or windows and do need to be maintained and replaced from time to time
    Regards jbcford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I dont know about the older doors but there new units have special seals that fit a little groove in the frame. We use them on site. The munster joinery lads keep miles of the stuff in there service vans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭nosmo-king

Thanks for replies. Will have to get it sorted out. Over the last few days my hallway was like a wind tunnel.
    Thanks again.

Advertisement