Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NAT and 360

• 09-01-2008 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Help Help Help,

I am having a nightmare trying to configure my 'NAT' settings on the (Eircom) Netopia 3347NWG. The Problem is trying to Change from 'Strict' to 'Open'

I have tried the following...

Port Forwarding for XboxLive from http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netopia/3347NWG/Xbox_Live_360.htm

Also following Eircoms suggestions as outlined in the doc attached.

None of these seem to work and the NAT is still showing as 'Strict'

Has anybody encountered this problem using the Netopia Router via Eircom ?

Any help at all much appreciated !

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Try our guide over at Celtic Snipers

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Sweet,

Looks like quite a comprehensive guide :)

the thing that stands out immediatly is that fact that I have not had the 360 and the laptop connected to the router at the same time :S coz I didnt have 2 cables but it looks like this could possibly be what I am missing ???

I am gonna print it off anyway and give it a go later,

Nice one

HJ-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

would help if you told us your setup..

if you connect the xbox through a pc or laptop,its not going to work

only way to get nat open is connect it directly into the ethernet port in the router.

otherwise your stuck with strict

i tried everything and microsoft and eircom said it cannot be done run through a pc, well on my setup anyway

which was

i ran xbox through pc, which ran wirlessly to router

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

I connect Direct to from Router to Xbox, I dont have a PC that I can use with it but I have borrowed a laptop for the sole purpose of reconfiguring the NAT settings on the Router, But I have only had the one cable so I have been swapping between the 2 to get the settings changed, I think I have to have the 2 devices on the Router before I can properly reconfigure the router to NAT Open ?

Thats what I am gonna try next ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭-annex-

would help if you told us your setup..

if you connect the xbox through a pc or laptop,its not going to work

only way to get nat open is connect it directly into the ethernet port in the router.

otherwise your stuck with strict

i tried everything and microsoft and eircom said it cannot be done run through a pc, well on my setup anyway

which was

i ran xbox through pc, which ran wirlessly to router

I'm not sure what happened with your setup but I run mine through my wifi enabled laptop connected to the 360 via ethernet cable and it works perfectly.

To the OP, try turning the firewall setting on your router from medium to low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Had this problem at the weekend

Go into network setting and change the ip address to DHCP

This did the trick for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Wes98

Hey guys.
    I'm having the same problem with Xbox live.
    I'm able to get online but I'm restricted from some players, and trying to play games is a nightmare.
    I think its because my NAT setting is at strict, however I cant seem to be able to put it to open.
    I even tried port forwarding but no luck yet, and I have set my firewall to low.
    Any suggestions?
    Any help would be really appreciated!

my router is a netopia 2247NWG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

That Celtic Snipers guide works a charm lads.. Two of my friends used it

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I'm on Bt and couldn't get NAT open after trying lots of stuff so I put my 360 IP into the DMZ, demilitarized zone and it done the trick. Supposed to be safe too as you can't hack into a 360 remotely over a network apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Wes98

That celtic sniper guide worked a charm!
    Cheers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement