Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can we have the "Post Your Mixes" thread back please.

• 09-01-2008 11:29am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads / Mods,

In response to it being mentioned a few times, I started this thread so that all the members of boards can post a link to their mixes, so we can all download, have a listen and give feedback etc.

It was subsequently merged into the "Irish DJ and Liveacts Sets" thread.

I would like to request that this be reversed. That thread is for posting links of any Irish acts etc, but I think this warrants a thread of its own specifically for boards members to post their own recorded mixes and have discussion specifically around it. It doesn't have to be stickied or anything - and it's not like this forum is so busy that we need to be merging threads etc. I just think if it were separated out a little it would encourage more activity.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hi Zascar

Ive edited the Irish DJ's/Liveacts thread to include in the title to post your own mixes too.

Id rather keep all Irish/boards sets in the link above in an attempt to keep the board as tidy as possible. Despite what you may think there is a lot of merging of threads (mixes/tune id's etc) on this forum. Also a lot of moving of threads over to clubbing.

If each thread was just left alone the forum would quickly be overrun, Ive seen this happen on many dance/music forums.

I try to keep this forum as lienent as possible, no charter etc, just ask people to respect each other and others opinons/tastes. My only other aim is to keep it as tiday as possible and keep the conversation going.

Hope this is okay

Kev.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I think there is a difference though with what Zascar is trying to do. He is looking for a thread where Boardsie DJ's can post there mixes and have them discussed reviewed and rated by other boards DJ's. Maybe people will be able to help each other improve their skills with tips and tricks etc.

Maybe a more appropriate thread title would be "Rate My Mix" or something?

By the way Zascar I really enjoyed that minimal mix you posted the other day. As you said yourself it wasnt strictly all minimal in the truest sense of the word but I thought it was great.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    I think there is a difference though with what Zascar is trying to do. He is looking for a thread where Boardsie DJ's can post there mixes and have them discussed reviewed and rated by other boards DJ's. Maybe people will be able to help each other improve their skills with tips and tricks etc.

Maybe a more appropriate thread title would be "Rate My Mix" or something?
    Exactly, that's a Great idea. What does everyone else think?
    I do understand where Kev is coming from, but my reasoning is that this is not really a very active forum, so one more thread bouncing around specific to boards Dj's to showcase their work and give feedback to others etc would be great! Also, it encourages more activity on the forum - maybe it's just me but I think it's a little dull as of late and we need to get more quality posting going on!
    MikeHoncho wrote: »
    By the way Zascar I really enjoyed that minimal mix you posted the other day. As you said yourself it wasnt strictly all minimal in the truest sense of the word but I thought it was great.

Cheers man! I did it totally on the fly after coming home from a club one night... Got really stoned and decided to have a play with some of the tunes I had just downloaded. Just pressed record and went with it. Wanted to focus on the more bouncy/funky side of minimal/tech. I'm going to another with some more hardcore minimal, once I find the time!

Anyway back on topic! A "Rate My Mix" thread - yay or nay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Yay for me too. Think we should have a seperate thread just for members mixes.

Hey Zascar where do you upload your mixes so it doesnt need to be downloaded. It's like it's just streaming. Great work by the way. I'm in the dark ages with my music but i enjoyed listening to your mixes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Yeah count me in folks im gonna start recording some mixes mof my own and i play across the board so expect many different styles.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Good stuff Johnny can't wait to hear them!

Anyone else going to do the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

sounds like a great idea, a place for boardsies mixes.
    Zascar, I'm listening to your Houseplay mix right now, lovin it. It's helping me shake off the post xmas blues <suffering from major blues here>.

Wow! Cheers lads I'm really delighted so many people are liking my mixes! I'll deffo try to get another one done this weekend. But I want to hear your stuff too lads so post here if you are in favour of this thread!

Actually some of my favourite mixes are from Irish Dj's that I found out about from Boards. If you are not familar with 'Giles' then you are seriously missing out - savage Dj and top bloke too! Myspace Page - Mixdepot Site.

I also have a stonker from H3lx (sp?) but as far as I remember he has given up Djing now, not sure if he still hosts any mixes at all. Anyone know?

Advertisement