Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loosing interest in me?

• 09-01-2008 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I'm not sure if i'm totally over-reacting but something my bf is doing is really wrecking my head. Often when we're kissing n touching, he's looking over my shoulder at the tv. I just feel if he wants to kiss me then i want his attention. We've together nearly 2 years and i really feel he's loosing interest. Not very happy today girls, any advise and wise words?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Often when we're kissing n touching

That's worrying. Unless scrubs is on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Spice things up and get his attention! We all have 'off the boil' moments

Day 12432834 of Catho being off the boil....:( :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

These things can happen from the guys and girls point of view.

Try spice things up, even if you do it once, he will always remember the time you were kissing on couch and watching tv and then you did (insert spice up here) more than likely anytime from then on, if your on couch kissing, there wont be much TV watching to be done :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

maybe spicing things up is all we need, but i really dont know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭geuro

try and relax a bit. you are probably worrying about it too much and maybe coming on too strong. Dont try and force the moment for the sake of it, wait until you are both really in the mood.

And of course spicing things up is always a good idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Do what my gf did to me.

Turn of the tv.

Mind you, thats putting your life at risk but he will soon realise there is a problem.

I dont have a gf now. Sports > women ;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Crazy Catlady

These things can happen from the guys and girls point of view.

Try spice things up, even if you do it once, he will always remember the time you were kissing on couch and watching tv and then you did (insert
    I thought the next word was going to be "a finger....:eek:"

But seriously, every one has "not so sexy" days. Either wait til you have his full attention, or do something to ensure you get it!

ya i have thought about turnin off the tv to make a major point of it. i recently told him i didnt like him doing it n i thought it mite have an effect but it didnt really.

phi3 wrote: »
    ya i have thought about turnin off the tv to make a major point of it. i recently told him i didnt like him doing it n i thought it mite have an effect but it didnt really.

He probably wasnt listening to you cos the telly was on :D seriously guys have big problems with this, I've seen it with my brothers and exs, they dont even notice you in the room or that you've left the room. It's like they're drawn to the tv and have to give tv their full attention. Switch the telly off but be reasonable, suggest switching it off after the thing he's watching is over otherwise you'll cause huge fights :eek:

Actually another point, if a new series of your fav program was on (i.e. desperate housewives ;) ) would you be trying to get a sneaky peak at it or actually telling him to get lost ;) works both ways :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

59960_OhSweet_123_76lo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

narco wrote: »
    59960_OhSweet_123_76lo.jpg

That is some seriously farmery rope on the chic, the kind for keeping a gate shut or holding the trousers up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Hey i have that problem, but not with tv, mine is with WoW... /me shakes fists the computer.... i hate the game with the fire of a thousand suns!

But jsut lay it out straight tell him you need a bit of personal time, and if there is something on that he really wants to watch, go out for that period of time and when you come back if he is in the mood for a kiss or whatever..... turn on the tv and tell him there is something on you want to watch. see if he gets the point.

Jules wrote: »
    Hey i have that problem, but not with tv, mine is with WoW... /me shakes fists the computer.... i hate the game with the fire of a thousand suns!

But jsut lay it out straight tell him you need a bit of personal time, and if there is something on that he really wants to watch, go out for that period of time and when you come back if he is in the mood for a kiss or whatever..... turn on the tv and tell him there is something on you want to watch. see if he gets the point.
    Jules, Im sure if you dressed up like one of the Female Characters that would get his attention :p I know many relationships that have broken up because of that game. I played for a while and its like gaming crack.

Back on subject. Only thing that I wont give up is my Heineken Cup Rugby, anything else if my made up gf turned off the tv. Id be all hers. As I said earlier try and spice things up, see how things go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Are you my girlfriend?

OK you made coffee come out of my nose on that one! Im fairly tolerant but it does get on my f&*king nerves sometimes..

I know he is gonna see this and comment!

And Hail.. you wish!!!!

Add an 80 onto the end of jules and you'll know who i am!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

To the OP. Id see it this way. Hes kissed you before, so its like a repeat showing. The tv however is probably showing some new episode... so it draws his attention. The answer, as suggested above, is do something new he hasnt seen before ;) If youre the kind type theres lots of things to do, but if youve a cruel streak like me I find a well positioned nipple twist works a treat.

Jules wrote: »
    OK you made coffee come out of my nose on that one! Im fairly tolerant but it does get on my f&*king nerves sometimes..

I know he is gonna see this and comment!

I'm guessing that was at my comment, funny, but I'm 100% serious :p and if Mr Jules comments he will probably agree :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

One of my exes used to try and get amorous when I was watching football I wouldn't be responsive in fact I would push her off me and she would take this very badly
    this was no reflection on her or us just the fact that my attention was at that moment directed towards the box and what was being displayed there

Rob_l wrote: »
    One of my exes used to try and get amorous when I was watching football I wouldn't be responsive in fact I would push her off me and she would take this very badly
    this was no reflection on her or us just the fact that my attention was at that moment directed towards the box and what was being displayed there

If it was something he was really interested in then i wouldnt have a problem with him watching it, well id want him to stop pretending he wants to kiss me. But theyr not things he wants to watch. He just does it. Often during the news n stuff. Oh i dunno. Its just that theres always something really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

If it was something he was really interested in then i wouldnt have a problem with him watching it, well id want him to stop pretending he wants to kiss me. But theyr not things he wants to watch. He just does it. Often during the news n stuff. Oh i dunno. Its just that theres always something really

I wouldn't read too much into it have you ever seen people having a convo in a pub and there is a tv with no sound on in the corner and the person facing the Tv's eyes will be drawn to it like a moth to a light

if this is the only reason for doubting him Op I would say nothing and as has been said next time switch the tv off or position him so he is not facing the TV:D

• Advertisement

Agree with Rob. I know it's annoying, I can imagine my bro being the exact same, actually worse cos he has a wii now and played zelda for 50 hours in a short space of time I think, the gf bought the wii for him and has regretted it since. Doesnt mean he doesnt love her, it's just the way some guys are!

maybe i'm just over-reacting. Its just that it seems theres always something. maybe im just worrying needlessly.

Take a little time out for yourself, catch up with your girls or family, sounds like you need it! Or better yet come out with the girls for lounge beers on jan 18th! ;)

Cathooo wrote: »
    Take a little time out for yourself, catch up with your girls or family, sounds like you need it! Or better yet come out with the girls for lounge beers on jan 18th! ;)

Woop!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭flaka

...just thinking about being bored when kissing... yeah he is more interested in whats on the TV.

Wow what a challenge, to be more interesting that TV... seriously it could be worse, he could be staring at another girl. More interesting than TV...this should not be too difficult.

Depends on what he was watching too... if you were watching i dunno some <insert stereotypical female tv show> you were into and he tried to distract you would you be keeping one eye on the box?

I think you're just looking for evidence that he is loosing interest - and guess what - you look for evidence of anything and you'll find it.

How about let him watch the TV and when its over lead him to the bedroom and get his full attention. Do you think he'll prefer that or being interrupted.

Women are always saying they can multitask and men can't - try some serial tasks.

flaka wrote: »
    ...just thinking about being bored when kissing... yeah he is more interested in whats on the TV.

Wow what a challenge, to be more interesting that TV... seriously it could be worse, he could be staring at another girl. More interesting than TV...this should not be too difficult.

Depends on what he was watching too... if you were watching i dunno some <insert stereotypical female tv show> you were into and he tried to distract you would you be keeping one eye on the box?

I think you're just looking for evidence that he is loosing interest - and guess what - you look for evidence of anything and you'll find it.

How about let him watch the TV and when its over lead him to the bedroom and get his full attention. Do you think he'll prefer that or being interrupted.

Women are always saying they can multitask and men can't - try some serial tasks.

As i have already said they are not programmes he really wants to watch. He always distracts me when i wanna watch something and no i dont have one eye on the tv. Im willing to sacrafise watching someones fictional life for some time spent together. I am not looking for evidence that he is loosing interest. Im too busy looking for any bit of evidence that he mite have any interest. I dont see him that often so i think when we do get to spend time together it's not too much to expect to get some attention from him.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

As i have already said they are not programmes he really wants to watch. He always distracts me when i wanna watch something and no i dont have one eye on the tv. Im willing to sacrafise watching someones fictional life for some time spent together. I am not looking for evidence that he is loosing interest. Im too busy looking for any bit of evidence that he mite have any interest. I dont see him that often so i think when we do get to spend time together it's not too much to expect to get some attention from him.
    Maybe try talking to him again. You said you tried but it had no effect, so either he didnt care enough or he didnt think it was such an issue.

Apart from this bugging you, does he show you he cares in any other way. Or are you picking up disinterest in other ways too?

KtK wrote: »
    Maybe try talking to him again. You said you tried but it had no effect, so either he didnt care enough or he didnt think it was such an issue.

Apart from this bugging you, does he show you he cares in any other way. Or are you picking up disinterest in other ways too?

I didnt really wanna go into all this but i gess it doesnt make much sense without it. On st Stephens night i asked him if he loves me. He said he does but sometimes he thinks he loves me just as a friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭flaka

You know you should go with your gut feeling on this. If you're thinking this its probably true. It sounds to me like you're a fairly independent person. You're not relying on him for your happiness.

I dont see him that often so i think when we do get to spend time together it's not too much to expect to get some attention from him.

I don't want to judge the guy however I know from my experience its better to give someone 100% attention for 1 hour than 1% attention for 24 hours.

Clearly you want him to change behaviour - well you can't make that happen, only he can.

You should think about other options - even to remind yourself that they are there. The more options you have the less frustrated you will be.

If he isn't brining to the relationship what you want let him know that.

• Advertisement

I didnt really wanna go into all this but i gess it doesnt make much sense without it. On st Stephens night i asked him if he loves me. He said he does but sometimes he thinks he loves me just as a friend.

Oh no that's not very nice to hear! :( Depending on how long you've been together and your ages I'd advise you to sit him down and have a good chat about your feelings for each other. There's no point in him stringing you along and you wasting your time.

Advertisement