Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Changing a headlight on a Fiesta.

Options
  • 09-01-2008 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

Hey, Has anyone got an idea about how to change the bulb? I can see the plastic case that sits behind the bulb but cant get it off because of a steel bar going accross (If that makes sense)
    Ive checked for online manuels, but no joy.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Its an 00 model.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Wife used to have a 98 model - I think its essentially the same car with a facelift. You have to take the headlight unit out of the car to change the bulb!

Sounds like a fecker of a job I know but its not so bad. Lift the central grill (chrome bit with the badge between the 2 lamps) up out of the car (only held in by 2 clips). You can then see the 3 (I think) screws holding the lamp unit in place. Unscrew these & then you can access the rear of the unit. I think the plastic electrical fittings should come away with a quarter turn.

That's if its the same as the 98 model - good luck!

Advertisement