Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9th Jan BDO Match Bet. Looks Good.

• 09-01-2008 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭

Theres a player called Brian Woods who looks like a good bet at 5/6 to beat Co Stompe in the darts tonite 8pm.
    watching him last time he struck me as being taylor esque. I backed against him in his last match against Hanvidge but Woods won 3-0. Hanvidge had a great record at lakeside and it being a scratch game Hanvidge looked good on the book but from woods first 3 darts i knew i was beat. Its not that Woods hit the trebles with them but more the angle his darts went in was just like the angle Taylors darts goes in.

Hanvidge didnt actually play badly its just that Woods was brilliant. I think Woods finished on a 96 3-dart average which is very high for BDO darts. He also has a visible air of confidence about him and i can see winning tonite even against a tough opponent like Co Stompe who also done well in his last match too. Its a scratch match at 5/6 or if anything Stompe is a marginal fav on some boards but i think Woods has a big enough edge in the confidence dept and being in such a rich vein of form.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

He is 18/1 to win outright with Paddy Power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

i would agree about woods to bt stompe apart from the fact that i put 2ew on stompe at 80/1 at the start of the tournament:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

VC will give you evens for the match and 22/1 for the tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

cheers rounders will have a small punt on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Thanks Aidan I got him on Betfair at 2.03.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

He is 2.06 atm on betfair.
    Going to pass though as i know nothing about him :)
    Thanks for the tip though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Hopefully he does the business now. I think a 90 average will do against Stompe but this guy is so keen i think he can equal his last match performance.
    I always meant to get into the betfair way of things. I presume 2.03 or 2.06 includes your unit like in the U.S so this is marginally better than 1/1 yeah?.
    Im going to have to settle for 5/6 though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah, 2.03 means you get back €2.03 for every €1 you bet including your original stake so a €10 bet @ 2.03 yields a profit of €10.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Minus the commision of course. 5% for most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Nice win, but Jaysus he's one rough looking dude fought back well from 2-1 down but his opponent missed a sight of doubles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Vamos

nice one, thanks rounders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Good work Aidan keep them coming!!!

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Good work Aidan keep them coming!!!

Cheers Eoghan. I will remain calm like one of those Japanese Kyudo archers waiting for that one shot and only when very sure post the tip so it may not be for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Does the wise archer have views on Woods this evening at 5/6?

EDIT went with webster and woods double, webster looking good at the moment

Advertisement