Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Photo reflective plates!

Options
  • 09-01-2008 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭

Driving on the N11 last week, I noticed from a distance a blank or white plate in front of me on an 01 Accent.
    I drove alongside to have a look at the category of driver and noted what I would call a middle aged woman, as opposed to a chav as I had expected!

I then slowed again to verify that the plate was in fact photo-reflective and sure enough, if you are anyway at an angle while attempting to read the plate, it appears white or fuzzy!

I can't imagine she's still driving because if was so obvious that there was no way that the guards could have missed such a stonkingly bad attempt to defy the law!

Photo-reflective plates are a no-no!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

I think ive noticed these too. From a distance you cannot see anything although they are perfectly legal, yet as you move up close, ie about a foot, the number is seen perfectly. Maybe the number plate panel is manufactured at an upright angle and not a flat surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Its a 3M manufactered material going by what I saw. (Guy in works motorbike) Looks like its some sort of multi angled reflective glass. A bit like the grey panels on hi-vis vests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Jack Bauer999

10-10-20 wrote: »
    Driving on the N11 last week, I noticed from a distance a blank or white plate in front of me on an 01 Accent.
    I drove alongside to have a look at the category of driver and noted what I would call a middle aged woman, as opposed to a chav as I had expected!

I then slowed again to verify that the plate was in fact photo-reflective and sure enough, if you are anyway at an angle while attempting to read the plate, it appears white or fuzzy!

I can't imagine she's still driving because if was so obvious that there was no way that the guards could have missed such a stonkingly bad attempt to defy the law!

Photo-reflective plates are a no-no!

jasus, i nearly laughed out loud with the though of you speeding up and slowing down to observe this dangerous criminal!!!

Unless ur a guard, why does it concern you??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I want one of these plates, where do you get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭10-10-20

jasus, i nearly laughed out loud with the though of you speeding up and slowing down to observe this dangerous criminal!!!
    I was laughing out loud also! I couldn't believe it was so obvious!
    Unless ur a guard, why does it concern you??
    It doesn't 'concern' me, but since she was sharing the road with me, I have a right to be interested? No?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

G Luxel wrote: »
    From a distance you cannot see anything although they are perfectly legal,
    You think so?
    "Figures, letters, designs, ornamentation's, fittings or structures shall not be placed on a vehicle or trailer in such a position as to render more difficult the reading or distinguishing of the identification mark or duplicate identification mark of the vehicle or trailer."

Advertisement