Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vw MkIV Tail Lights In Need

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Darven wrote: »
    hey tossy! yeah a blow out S

limerick man you must live in my estate then. oh im feeling stalked now! u noticed the car was lower but not the massive dents in every panel no? yeah a sales man i tell ya. the only cars worth driving in my estate is my own of course and maybe the two silver beamers down a few doors. ah u must be one of them! the only other golf is a tdi across the road and that aint nothing special.

just got the quater panel from sweenys there today. brother came up with jeep but they gave me the entire skirt so twas open all the way to tipp!

Hah i don't live in ur estate, up the road a bit haha but i pass from the local super market (lol) and urs is parked and such an angle that i can't see. I nearly crashed into a bloody clio today tryin to get a look lol.

Have u a qoute for all the sprayin and welding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Darven

hmmm i dont know if u have the right car. ill be straight up im in the hawthorns across from storm. you cant see any damage really from the road. it is about 50 meters to the road like....... superman vision with xray vision to other side of the car!

i reckon im looking at giveing mechanic about 1500 all in.

hmmm i dont know if u have the right car. ill be straight up im in the hawthorns across from storm. you cant see any damage really from the road. it is about 50 meters to the road like....... superman vision with xray vision to other side of the car!

i reckon im looking at giveing mechanic about 1500 all in.

No lol it's it alright, ur straight in the gate, last house next to the field?

Sister used have a flat down there.

YESH! i have a stalker! i feel like parking it over on teh tarmac section just to make it easier for u to have a look now! and a clio off the road? no harm!

YESH! i have a stalker! i feel like parking it over on teh tarmac section just to make it easier for u to have a look now! and a clio off the road? no harm!

Do park it over next to that 1990's polo that was there for sale haha:D How did u get it home?

• Advertisement

how do you get any car home? i drove the frigging thing! spare wheel. like i said volkswagen! the polo is gone. leave anything there long enough at it will be burnt out!

how do you get any car home? i drove the frigging thing! spare wheel. like i said volkswagen! the polo is gone. leave anything there long enough at it will be burnt out!

Ya when the sister was there she put here car for sale there for about a week. The amount of perv's texting her lol.
    What did u hit it off?

one of the hedgy stone walls in clare. you know them country roads and the like. there was a bit of a bend in it, had there not been then mabe would have got away with just wing damage

one of the hedgy stone walls in clare. you know them country roads and the like. there was a bit of a bend in it, had there not been then mabe would have got away with just wing damage

****... Them clare roads are dodgey, drive them every week lol

ah it isnt worth thinking about. she will be sensational when she is finished again. the mechanic has offered me a 1993 "something" to drive when its being repaired. so look out for a nissan bluebird or the like.

• Advertisement

ah it isnt worth thinking about. she will be sensational when she is finished again. the mechanic has offered me a 1993 "something" to drive when its being repaired. so look out for a nissan bluebird or the like.

Oh jaysus haha i'll keep an eye out. What year/engine is urs?

ah its just a 00 1.4 is all! since i crashed thought the tracking has got waaaay better! silver lining!

Dam, mine's 99 :p
    golfforvag.jpg

that 1.4? hmmm gti tail lights, rs4s, but i have deflectors and fogs and eyebrows. and my alloys are nicer. well three of them are! haha! going to get mine colour coded too.

that 1.4? hmmm gti tail lights, rs4s, but i have deflectors and fogs and eyebrows. and my alloys are nicer. well three of them are! haha! going to get mine colour coded too.

OK i was going to get mine colour coded too until i got two quotes to get it done. One was €500 and the other was €600 lol. I'll make u a deal, i'll trade u a debadged grill for ur wind deflectors:D

youre all right. i like people knowing im driving a volkswagen. and the deflectors are staying! hmmm thats expensive for paint for mirrors, rub strips and handles. hmmmm limerick rip off! i was quoted 1200 for full respray before.

youre all right. i like people knowing im driving a volkswagen. and the deflectors are staying! hmmm thats expensive for paint for mirrors, rub strips and handles. hmmmm limerick rip off! i was quoted 1200 for full respray before.

Ya i'll do a respray for u for 1200, out in the back garden :D

But no the reason for the cost is that the little dimples in the rub strips have to be sanded out, and it needs a special primer. Otherwise it comes out sh1tty and chips very easily.

the 1200 was from a very reputable place called body image in ballincollig in cork. i was getting it done trade price as had brought a fair bit of business his way through friends etc. if you saw some of the things he turns out. wish i had the money at the time!

the 1200 was from a very reputable place called body image in ballincollig in cork. i was getting it done trade price as had brought a fair bit of business his way through friends etc. if you saw some of the things he turns out. wish i had the money at the time!

Try JCR crash repair in the Eastway before u do anything, he's very good. What u gonna to do wheels wise?

parts are with mechanic now and im dropping car next monday. havent a clue what to do about wheels now. collecting original steel rims in galway in coming week or two. might look into seeing what it cost to get the damaged wheel back to spec

• Advertisement

parts are with mechanic now and im dropping car next monday. havent a clue what to do about wheels now. collecting original steel rims in galway in coming week or two. might look into seeing what it cost to get the damaged wheel back to spec

Planet auto over the road are doing good deals on replica's lately.

ill wait till im finished with mechanic and pray for not punctures in meantime. plenty wear left on current tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

I feel your pain darven, even if i put a little mark on my golf it puts me in a bad mood for days:D

Limerickman did you spray the spoiler yourself its looking well:cool:

Vain wrote: »
    I feel your pain darven, even if i put a little mark on my golf it puts me in a bad mood for days:D

Limerickman did you spray the spoiler yourself its looking well:cool:

I did in my arse, bloody thing, i had it perfect and i said i'd just put on one more layer and reacted so i got pissed off and sent it in to get sprayed ha.

ah so i got my baby back baby back baby back ribs. haha, oh im soo funny dont you know. anyhow here is the break down

BOB SWEENEYS:
    Front Wing €30
    Doors €200
    Quater Panel €150

NOONANS AUTO FACTORS TIPP TOWN:
    Back Bumper €150

EBAY:
    Wing Mirror €43.44
    Set of Tail Lights € 44.90 (as couldn't get individually, incidentally they were €15 but the postage from Germany brought it up. still cheaper than here)

RANDOM GALWAY AUTOFACTORS
    Front Light €120 (i think that was the price, it was cracked with a while and i never replaced it until the crash)

CURRY HANLY TYRES TIPP TOWN
    Wheel Repair €50
    New 17/215/45 €80
    Balancing €5

MECHANIC
    Pat Cunningham €1600 (nearly two weeks of bastardin work)

TOTAL €2473.34

In all fairness she is mint after it all. my camera is being a bastard so hence i couldnt take the shots i wanted to but at least here you can see just how fine a job he did. paint is immaculate job and the whole car is polished. will take a proper pic tomorrow or next day.

Lovely stuff, nice to see it's back on the road, lol i thought u had scrapped it, haven't seen it outside the house in ages:eek:

All you need to do now is start modding:P

yup in about 3 weeks id imagine as i have moved to tipp. now there may be a job starting up again in limerick. typical! i have missed my stalker. ah **** it i aint gonna mess with her. just get her through the nct in september and im sorted. there is no reason she wont pass, bar the broken windscreen. ah here how much is one of them? make that total €2,700 in that case!

so the lesson on this expensive thread is

CHECK YOUR TYRES REGULARLY FOR ANY IRREGULARITIES, WEAKNESSES ETC, ESPC ON LOW PROFILE TYRES!

still dont know what caused my crash but something wasnt right and i never knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

yup in about 3 weeks id imagine as i have moved to tipp. now there may be a job starting up again in limerick. typical! i have missed my stalker. ah **** it i aint gonna mess with her. just get her through the nct in september and im sorted. there is no reason she wont pass, bar the broken windscreen. ah here how much is one of them? make that total €2,700 in that case!

so the lesson on this expensive thread is

CHECK YOUR TYRES REGULARLY FOR ANY IRREGULARITIES, WEAKNESSES ETC, ESPC ON LOW PROFILE TYRES!

still dont know what caused my crash but something wasnt right and i never knew.

Where you tires cheap the ones you had when you crashed

i have missed my stalker.

Hahaha:p

+1 on that. Can't be too careful!

• Advertisement
Advertisement