Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony 40" LCD KDL40V3000

• 09-01-2008 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Power City have this TV online at Eur1620

SONY 40" V FULL HD 1080P
    40" FULL HD 1080P DEFINITION
    1920 X 1080 PICTURE DEFINITION
    DOLBY DIGITAL SURROUND SOUND
    3X HDMI 2X SCART PC INPUT
    BRAVIA THEATRE SYNC

Anyone know of any better offers for this TV ?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

directtvs.co.uk have it for £930 (~€1,242) Don't know postage rate.

teleworldplc.com have it for £920 (~€1,230) Postage £70stg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

byte wrote: »
    teleworldplc.com have it for £920 (~€1,230) Postage £70stg.

on sale now @ £895

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

cupthehand wrote: »
    on sale now @ £895

thanks, but

teleworldplc.com at checkout say

We only supply goods to MAINLAND UK customers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭jack24

Hi,

Don't know if its of any help, but Argos in UK (and presumably Northern Ireland) had an offer on this TV for it plus a PS3 (40GB however) for £1,199 (about €1,750). Might be delivery issues however...The second link listed by the previous poster does deliver to Ireland and it seems to work out a lot cheaper (approx €200). I am looking at this model myself and Powercity seems to be the lowest - Sony Centre is €1699 BTW. I would hope to pick this up slightly cheaper from a bricks and mortar shop over the coming weeks. Let me know how you get on,

Cheers

Jack

jack24 wrote: »
    I would hope to pick this up slightly cheaper from a bricks and mortar shop over the coming weeks.

Not sure post sales this will come down materially anytime soon.

Would agree I prefer a bricks & mortar for this type of purchase

Someone told me that the Sony Centres do a price match. To be honest I would prefer in terms of followup & aftersales to buy from Sony than Power City. Anyone know if this is the case ?

• Advertisement

http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=MME558A805

Eur 1,548.80 from Elara.ie

Anyone ever used this site ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭ice27

banchang wrote: »
    http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=MME558A805

Eur 1,548.80 from Elara.ie

Anyone ever used this site ?

As far as i know, and i am not 100%, these models are around €1599 in Sony Centres in Cork so should be the same all around the country. This would obviously be the cheapest option as no delivery charge etc! I would go to these shops and try and haggle even if they are over that price, tell them the online price and see what you can bargain for.

THanks Ice

I was quoted on the same day last week 1,649 from one Sony Centre, & 1,949 by another (both in Dublin) for this TV

Info - Delivered cost (in 2 days by DHL) from

http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=161157

is Eur1,551.79

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭ice27

banchang wrote: »
    THanks Ice

I was quoted on the same day last week 1,649 from one Sony Centre, & 1,949 by another (both in Dublin) for this TV

Info - Delivered cost (in 2 days by DHL) from

http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=161157

is Eur1,551.79

I would try and haggle with the shop that are selling for €1649, see if they could even drop to €1590 or something , I mean I personally wouldnt mind spending an extra €40 for getting in a bricks and mortar shop.

One bit of advice when ordering online! I am a great advocate of online shopping especially for elctronics, dvds etc etc. However, I recentely purchased from Komplett as they were around 40-50 quid cheaper for a DVD camcorder. They said they had 10 or something in stock when i ordered. This turned out to be incorrect (I was sent around 6 emails with changed shipping dates, extremely frustrating and the hassle of canceling order was just a turn off for canceling) It turned out to be around 2 months and 2 weeks from time of order to delivery date. I would gladly pay the extra few bob to have it immediately in future and have piece of mind.

I know some savings are hard to ignore with online via retail but spending that amount of money and to have piece of mind for the sake of €50 i would go with a known retail shop. Thats just my opinion anyway!

Good feedback Ice

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Elara: Kin

€10.89 delivery from Elara...

• Registered Users Posts: 33 kenpi

I saw this tv in DID Airside Swords for €1759 with a free PS3 yesterday.

kenpi wrote: »
    I saw this tv in DID Airside Swords for €1759 with a free PS3 yesterday.

Sure it was the 40V3000 ? Its 1799.95 alone on the DID website ?

I'm sure it was the KDLV3000. It had a price on one side of €1769 and a special offer poster on the other of €1759 including the PS3. The KDLW3000 was €1299 I think and the KDLS3000 was €999.95. Hope that helps. If someone is interested just give them a call to confirm first just on the off chance the old eyes were playing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭jack24

Hi,

V3000 now reduced in Power city to approx €1,490. Those DID prices for the W3000 sound unbelievable (unless maybe they're the smaller screen size?). Best of luck with the purchase!

My mistake about the W3000, I should have said the W2000 wich is the old model for €1299.

jack24 wrote: »
    Hi,

V3000 now reduced in Power city to approx €1,490. Those DID prices for the W3000 sound unbelievable (unless maybe they're the smaller screen size?). Best of luck with the purchase!

Interesting - they've dropped the price of this one by about 8.3% but not the 46"
    46V3000.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DHFrame

As per usual Irish getting ripped off. The most you should pay for this TV is 850euro.

Thnks.

Advertisement