Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Memory

Options
  • 09-01-2008 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi Folks this is my first entry on boards so here goes.

I am looking for memory modules for a Dell 8250 533mhz. The memory type is PC1066 2 x 256mb. i have checked the net and can only find it for crazy money. $240 on one american site. This machine is 6 years old and is not even worth that.

Anyone got an old broken one lying around with good memory in it

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It uses RDRam, which is ludicrously expensive owing to its rarity. Better off scrapping the machine to be honest, unless you can find some cheap stuff on adverts.ie or the likes of ebay.

IF you're finding your machine slow, trying either a reformat, or using something like Spybot in conjunction with AVG to sweep your system for virus/spyware.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 npmurph

Thanks for that. The machine wont boot at the moment. The beep codes pointed to a read write error in the memory. It was working fine although slowly and all i did was remove a module and then replace it. i know static can sometimes cause a problem but it is probably unlikely. My indeed have to scrap it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Agree with havok,dont bother getting another stick of ram for it....

You can get a new vista pc on dell for €200 these days

Advertisement