Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse Racing Society

Options
  • 09-01-2008 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Anyone know if there's currently a Horse Racing Society in UCD. If so could someone give me the Auditor's details.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

It's a club not a society, because it's a sport. You'll find the equestrian club on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

I presume you meant horse-racing. There used to be a society but it hasn't been active for a few years. They used to organise trips to Cheltenham etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

There used to be a horse racing society run by a load of the hatch boys when I was in first and second year. I havent seen it around the last two years in the freshers tent.

They organised student race meetings in various courses throughout Ireland. Neil Doran was the last auditor I think and there was a great trip down to the races in Limerick for a bit of punting. I came home broke :( Perhaps thats why its now defunct,they probably gambled away all the society money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Advertisement