Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there an Apple store in Belfast?

• 09-01-2008 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭

Can you buy an Iphone with no contract there?

If so, How much?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

There is no Apple Retail Store in Belfast. Neither Apple nor O2 are not selling unlocked or non contract iPhones in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

The states it is then.

Im working in O2 and no one is saying anything about release dates in here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

You can buy an iphone in the carphonewarehouse over the counter without signing a contract up the North

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

I know this is not what your asking but I really wouldnt recommend the iPhone, ya it has touch screen but thats the only good thing about it, don't buy into the marketing ploy, american phones are miles behind in terms of technology, theres no 3G on the phone and the camera is terrible.

Get a N95

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Under French law Orange is required to supply the phone sim-free, albeit at a premium cost. If you want one legitimately, Paris might be your best bet!

http://iphone.orange.fr/

http://www.pcretailmag.com/news/29052/Orange-to-sell-iPhone-SIM-free-for-749

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭kevmac

Belfast Apple Store opens in June.

Why we don't have one in the Republic, I don't know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

kevmac wrote: »
    Belfast Apple Store opens in June.

Why we don't have one in the Republic, I don't know

There was , they closed down. (were run by compustore and they went bust)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Stekelly wrote: »
    There was , they closed down. (were run by compustore and they went bust)

It wasn't a true Apple Store though... it was just a shop that happened to sell Apples.

Solair wrote: »
    Under French law Orange is required to supply the phone sim-free, albeit at a premium cost. If you want one legitimately, Paris might be your best bet!

http://iphone.orange.fr/

http://www.pcretailmag.com/news/29052/Orange-to-sell-iPhone-SIM-free-for-749

Ah if only it was as simple as that

The phone is unlocked in France meaning you can use it with any operator IN France bring it to Ireland and you will have to jailbreak and use a sim solution on your expensive iphone the same as any other iphone

It wasn't a true Apple Store though... it was just a shop that happened to sell Apples.

Most placea are Franchises like that though. Sony Centres, Spar etc

• Advertisement

Most placea are Franchises like that though. Sony Centres, Spar etc

But not real Apple Stores

cdebru wrote: »
    But not real Apple Stores

Yes I heard that when Monkeyfudge said the same thing. Most name stores like that arent owner by the brand. Which is why I used the sony Centre as an example as its the same situation. They were an apple store as in the only sold apple gear .I doubt the uk stores are any different.

Yes I heard that when Monkeyfudge said the same thing. Most name stores like that arent owner by the brand. Which is why I used the sony Centre as an example as its the same situation. They were an apple store as in the only sold apple gear .I doubt the uk stores are any different.

Obviously you didn't

Apple Stores are owned and operated by Apple inc including the ones in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

cdebru wrote: »
    Obviously you didn't

Apple Stores are owned and operated by Apple inc including the ones in the UK.
    Ya I've been to the one in London, very impressive

I find it hard to believe Belfast is getting one in June though, only major cities seem to have them, then again they did get Ikea and we havent it yet.

Advertisement