Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox LIVE through wireless network adapter

• 09-01-2008 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

I have ran the Xbox LIVE connectin test and everything is sound, but when I try to log on to Xbox LIVE in any way, it tells me there is a problem with the connection.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I have eircom broadband through a netopia wireless modem and I'm using the microsoft Wireless Network Adapter.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

The first thing to do would be to check your firewall settings, reduce them to low and give it a try again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

When you do the test connection does it say its wired? Did you have to put your wep key in yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭qmac

The test recognises the wireless connection alright - and all the settings appear sound.

Not to sound like a complete idiot, but how do I check firewall settings if the connection is through the modem and not my PC? (Mac, not PC I'm afraid)

Type this in to your internet browser http://192.168.1.254 then go to firewall and change it to low..
    Then go to custom services and switch it to xbox live games

Thanks for that, I'll give it a shot this evening

• Advertisement

No problem :D glad to be of help and hopefully it will work ok for you now..

Sweet... that worked perfectly.

Even with a reasonably sound tech head on my shoulders, there's always something new to learn, so much for plug and play.

Thanks again for the tip, you're a star

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Wes98

Hey guys
    just wondering....
    Does the xbox live wireless usb have to be purchased to use the wireless function or can ya just use any normal pc wireless adapter?

Thats great news that it worked for you qmac..happy gaming :D
    Wes I have not tried it but I cant see why it wouldt work.

Advertisement