Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is your Guild a Farm for the other Guilds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Ivan wrote: »
    When you move onto SSC and TK there is never any reason to go back to Karazhan or gruul or Maggie, aside from maybe the handful of good items that are still upgrades for your guild members.
    I tanked Vashj in Righteous shoulders. Champion tokens from both Maulgar and VR don't exist.

/curses having to turn up to every farm raid (and most Karazhan, because Moroes owes me a trinket and Maiden owes me a neck) due to having no luck with drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Update.
    So long since i posted here i thought i would come back and add some more.

We kill Gruul & HKM each week, on the same night move onto mag and kill him. This takes about 2 hours in total. We hope when blizz fix the bug in TK we will start going back on the same night we do mag & gruul to kill void also.

Also Killed
    Domewalker
    Hydrous 2 times ? first boss in SC
    And are doing well with the luker below and should down him shortly, just at the moment its sprout that kill us. Seems to be the same people getting hit by it each time. Have to say i like this fight and so far find it very easy. Just people need to learn to avoid the sprout.

Don't seem to be losing as much players as before. An odd person here or their but no player of note.

May as well update here too. Has definitely been a good run since I joined my current guild a few months ago - we're 4/5 MH 3/9 BT now, and we *DID* kill Kael before 2.4 (/flex). 16k HP unbuffed in my boss tanking gear now (I don't get to use it much, but whatever), and at 550 unbuffed spelldmg in my AoE threat tanking gear (gogo getting Hammer of Judgement and Kaz'rogal shield within the last week!).

Nice to hear you've made some progress BadCharlie, now go pimpslap those nubs who keep dying to spout! Honestly, I think the step from Kara to Gruul is a bit of a killer for quite a lot of guilds, and it's very easy to get stuck in a rut.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Boo hiss Kirby ;)

Congratulations BadCharlie. I would suggest that once you have Lurker down you go straight for Morogrim Tidewalker - he seems more forgiving in terms of healing/dps then Leotheras and, providing you have a competent Paladin tank + a couple of Hunters he goes down fairly quickly :D

On the Inq front, we're farming SSC (inc Vashj - last night before 2.4 she finally died), and 1/5 MH, 2/9 BT after only a single visit to each :D KT is still alive but on the backburner for the moment since the GM felt (and I agreed) that the benefit for the raid of learning/killing KT wasn't as much as going straight to BT/MH and getting the easy epix :P

2 Big problems in our guild

We have no pala tank good enough to do anything. Bad gear and have not tryed them in 25man raids. And any of them dont seem to be very active.

Next problem is we are lacking in Healing druids.

• Advertisement

Evac101 wrote: »
    Boo hiss Kirby ;)

Congratulations BadCharlie. I would suggest that once you have Lurker down you go straight for Morogrim Tidewalker - he seems more forgiving in terms of healing/dps then Leotheras and, providing you have a competent Paladin tank + a couple of Hunters he goes down fairly quickly :D

On the Inq front, we're farming SSC (inc Vashj - last night before 2.4 she finally died), and 1/5 MH, 2/9 BT after only a single visit to each :D KT is still alive but on the backburner for the moment since the GM felt (and I agreed) that the benefit for the raid of learning/killing KT wasn't as much as going straight to BT/MH and getting the easy epix :P

Anetheron and Kaz'rogal are easy enough too, go keeeeeeeell!

Aye - found that out on our 2nd or 3rd visit - equally, Naj'entus and Supermus fell over neatly on our first trips to BT which was nice of them. Top tips for Naj'entus - let a healer with Grid say when to throw the spine - they know best when everyone is ready for the damage, with Supermus get a bear to OT - excellent threat gen while offtanking = easy threat to stay under for other melee = no squishy melee during the tank phase.

Downed Lurker Below last monday, did it first attempt on the night so that was nice & spout did not get me once :). Once you learn the fights they do become easyer and you know what to expect.

We went and tryed Leo & Tidewalker i think his called but i was unable to make this raid. But at least we are making some progression all though so far behind other guilds but we were not ready for this raids due to mass amount of guild member leaving us. To go to guilds with more progression.

Leotheras - good paladin tank (using more +spelldamage gear then usual) or a good bear tank is very useful. Have a shaman drop a searing totem @ the tank before each whirlwind, this ensures that Leo usually (70-80%) aggros the totem first when he finishes the whirlwind, making it easier for the tank to pick him up. Melee need to run out of range @ 2.5-3 secs on the whirlwind CD, Lock tank needs maxed FR + fel hunter out + 'share damage with pet' spec.

Morogrim - hrm - tbh it's a simple enough fight but difficult to describe positioning/etc without diagrams or video. Check out the How to Morogrim video on youtube by Slapen seems my best suggestion.

Ya im after watching loads of movies of these fights and done some reading on them also. Leo looks tricky & will need more work before we kill him.

Have to agree the Morogrim fight looks easy to be honest. All you need to worry about is the adds "pala tank" and dont over aggro the MT. Also get in the correct position at 25%. I just hope our pala tanks are ready, will soon find out.

• Advertisement

Agree with Evac - let your tankadin MT Leo. He hits like a pussy anyway, so you can stack more spell damage gear than normal (hai2u Runic Spellthread-ed T5 pants <3) and it won't have a major effect. Stacking Seal of Vengeance on him and using AS for fast burst threat when he comes back out of whirlwind really helps to cement aggro quickly - and faster than a prot warrior can do it.

The same spelldmg gear is also great for being lolmurloc tank at Morogrim Tidewalker. Get a lifetapping warlock and get your tankadin to heal him 3-4 times, should give decent aggro on all the murlocs. Be careful with healing aggro from other healers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

*grumble* *grumble* Seal of Vengeance *grumble*

If I was ret, I'd be making the same *grumble *grumble* Seal of Blood *grumble* argument.

touché

I'm prot and I grumble about the lack of a spell interrupt as an alliance paladin - especially on the caster trash packs on the way to & around Solarian. Oh what a thing of beauty an AoE silence would be there.... :)

Well last night we got around to killing Tidewalker, wiped at the first attempted but got him on our second, so thats now 3/6 ssc clear. Think we are going back to leo tonight but im going to miss this fight again :( cant make it.

But still guild progression is good.

Pretty much everything in raids are immune to the AoE silence. Now Gift of the Naaru is something I think we can all bitch about :p

Though perception rocks for arenas :p

Congrats Badcharlie - Morogrim is a fun boss to take down :)

@Ivan
    Pah - can spam r1 consecrate constantly without ever actually loosing mana ;)

@Kirby
    Go go MH - if you can down KT then 1-5 in MH is easy mode for you :) Though a little luck with flames on Archimonde is nice :D

<edit>
    Upon reviewing my comment I've come to the conclusion I use too many smileys >.<

Evac101 wrote: »
    @Kirby
    Go go MH - if you can down KT then 1-5 in MH is easy mode for you :) Though a little luck with flames on Archimonde is nice :D

4/5 MH 5/9 BT *\o/*

Gurtogg Bloodboil down last night, being able to bubble yourself when someone's fel raged to get rid of the acidic wound stack is awesome <3

Now to try Archi and RoS... hoping to get to MT RoS p3, we take less dmg than warriors from Soul Scream.

I was really surprised how easy Gurtogg was at the level gear I was at. Considering the similaritys between it and the Void Reaver fight which I had awful issues with, Gurtogg was a dream. Archimonde was horrible, but then I was always off-healing on that fight. If you arent already engineering for the helm, the Parachute cloak makes the air bursts even more trivial as a paladin, though its easy enough with BoP + DS. But you'll likely want DS for the flame waves. Never got to see RoS sadly :(

And Evac, I've recently started arenas with my rogue and I can tell you with improved sap and some skill, I can sap hunters with flare up, paladins with consecrate spam, priests with holy nova spam and mages with AE. Its all a question of timing. Or popping cloak of shadows if you are particularly crap ;)

Perception is way better in arenas than any sucky blood elf racial. A 2 second silence with a 1.5 second Cooldown = 0.5 seconds of silence. Not quite that useful except as an interrupt, albeit an interrupt that most NPCs become immune to after Karazhan :p

• Advertisement

Being fair if anyones going to PvP me I'd prefer it to be a rogue, enhancement shaman or fury warrior to be honest - I'm full prot ;) Because of that I never really had to learn how to avoid getting 'ganked' by rogues - that said the people without reactive armour in my guild seem to be developing serious issues with the pesky things :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

Just started sunwell in my guild and were struggling now numbers wise, seems farming illidan for so long was soul crushing to some people :rolleyes:

I was really surprised how easy Gurtogg was at the level gear I was at. Considering the similaritys between it and the Void Reaver fight which I had awful issues with, Gurtogg was a dream. Archimonde was horrible, but then I was always off-healing on that fight. If you arent already engineering for the helm, the Parachute cloak makes the air bursts even more trivial as a paladin, though its easy enough with BoP + DS. But you'll likely want DS for the flame waves. Never got to see RoS sadly :(

We killed Gurtogg Bloodboil on our 2nd night of attempts. The answer to any of my OT threat issues: Let Lakirby do the pulling! We had a holy paladin who specced for imp JotC (mostly to assist our raid DPS for Teron Gorefiend actually, 3% crit to the raid is nice!), and stood in the melee group to keep that up too.

We started learning Archimonde last night... this is gonna be a barrel of laughs. In a not-so-funny sort of way. I'm offhealing and just trying not to die, and I feel SO useless. Even more useless than I feel cleansebotting on Teron Gorefiend.

Hoping to get to MT P3 on RoS though, we take less damage than warriors do with the Soul Scream. Fingers crossed :)

We killed 2 new boss's last night in TK.
    Solarian & Al'ar, that makes it TK 3/4 & SSC 3/6 Cleared.
    We did not have our best geared members here on the night. But got these boss's down with good team work and play.
    Killed Solarian on our 3rd if not it was our 4th try. Fight was so so easy as long as the raid member with the debuff ran and did not stay in the group like the first 2/3 times :)

Now next question.
    Would it be worth going into MH and trying a boss or 2 their. Knowing we have not yet completed SSC/TK yet.

I my self would like to go into MH some night and see what its like and have some fun. Not looking to kill a boss on the first visit :)

Rage Winterchill would be very doable - a guild on my server with no bosses killed beyond Gruul has killed him. Probably Anetheron too, but you may not have the dps/healing to kill Kaz'rogal.

Still working on Archimonde - using my priest instead of my paladin for this fight, despite the fact my priest is in Kara gear and Primal Mooncloth...

I agree with Rage Winterchill, he is definitely very easy by comparison to some of the bosses in SSC/TK but not so much for Anetheron. It is quite tough.

However, the issue with skipping content to MH is that the trash. It takes alot of guild willpower to stick at it, when wiping on the 8th wave or on the boss, means you have to go through the same old trash all over again. Can be quite annoying.

Also, have a look into Najentus. I'm not sure if it has changed, but there was an add-on that made that encounter completely trivial. The trash before him is many times more difficult than the boss encounter itself.

However, the issue with skipping content to MH is that the trash. It takes alot of guild willpower to stick at it, when wiping on the 8th wave or on the boss, means you have to go through the same old trash all over again. Can be quite annoying.

Oh i did not know that, now that is got to be a pain. A bit of a time waste designed by Blizzard.

Get a decent prot paladin and the trash waves are cake.

• Advertisement

I got a bollocking from our healers tonight for holding too much trash in MH...

"Why is kirby taking so much damage?"
    "Um, she's got 3/4 of the wave on her..."
    "Oi kirbs, play nice and let the other tanks have some!"

:)

Advertisement