Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is your Guild a Farm for the other Guilds

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I used to have that problem too, followed shortly by
    Random Healer: "omfg, who healed Nunca for 18k?"
    Me: "That was me, just used Lay on Hands".
    Main Tank: "Ok, you'd better do it again cos you are about to die otherwise!"
    Me: "Uhmmm... help?!"
    EPIC DEATH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

We are going to MH this friday to have a look and some fun. Looking forward to it i have to say my self :).

Lost 3 people over the weekend, all 3 tryed to get into a BT raiding guild. I guess they did not want to put in the hard work and get their on skill, sweat and merit. No big loss to the guild but more so pissing off, as we took all these guys in 4 months ago. And helped them gear so much up that they would be consider by the BT raiding guilds.

Still with our very good progress in the past month with 4 or 5 new boss;s down you still get people wanting to jump stright into a BT guild. I guess its called guild life :)

Well went to MH tonight and got Rage Winterchill down to 1% at first try. Got the guy on our 3rd in the end with most of our party alive.

Second boss we did not get to see. Got to the last group of trash mobs and failed :). Was good and we kind of packed it in early as lots of people were tired.

I got my self a load of JC plans now due to friendly with the scales of time now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Anetheron's pretty easy too, pally tank with fire rez gear on the infernals is really useful. And if you can get him, then you can realistically get 4/5 MH fairly quickly, because Kaz'rogal and Azgalor aren't that hard.

Tryed Leo last night so if we got him we would have 4/6 ssc cleared. Once again we got him to 1% and wipe so fecking close :(..... going back again this tuesday to try again. I think we did not have the correct set up for the fight another sham would have prob done the trick. Also our pala tank has a very hard time in picking up leo after his whirlwind and then leo goes and kills someone :)

Yeah we enjoyed MH a-lot and looking forward to going back. On second boss we wiped on the 10th wave buy only tryed it once then called it a night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

BadCharlie wrote: »
    Also our pala tank has a very hard time in picking up leo after his whirlwind and then leo goes and kills someone :)
    Have a shaman plant a searing totem at the tank spot before he whirlwinds each time (if you have an enhance he should have one down around there anyway), forbid any other shaman from putting down a searing totem. The totem will be the first thing attacking him after the whirlwind aggro wipe, he will run towards it every time (presuming no one is retarded enough to have him dotted up), have your pally tank stand there and pick him up. Makes things a lot easier.

Well we went back last night & took down leo. After leo we went for the Lord guy and killed him after just 2 hours their. The hard part of the fight was the pull. Once we got that right it was very much tank and spank the boss's. I got my self the T5 Hands to go with my T5 Shoulders which gives me a nice healing buff for my pet.

Now 5/6 SSC, 3/4 TK & 1/5 MH Clear.

Think we might be heading to BT in a few weeks time just to have a look & some fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭KilOit

well since topic is farming orther guilds :)

were looking for a few extra players for sunwell currently were 3/6 sunwell working on twins, your gear needs to be t6 quility were a very long running guild oldest on the server so theres quite a community,

were looking for
    1 holy pally
    1 resto druid
    1 mage
    1 resto shaman

we are horde and on a pvp server so pm me if your interested i can give you more details,
    were currently havn't gone public with recruiting so guild and server is all hush hush for now just thought id try nab a few irish :D

KilOit wrote: »
    well since topic is farming orther guilds :)

were looking for a few extra players for sunwell currently were 3/6 sunwell working on twins, your gear needs to be t6 quility were a very long running guild oldest on the server so theres quite a community,

were looking for
    1 holy pally
    1 resto druid
    1 mage
    1 resto shaman

we are horde and on a pvp server so pm me if your interested i can give you more details,
    were currently havn't gone public with recruiting so guild and server is all hush hush for now just thought id try nab a few irish :D

Well i can't join you guys as im on a PvE server, not that i would want to :). But good luck on your drive to find more players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Well i can't join you guys as im on a PvE server, not that i would want to :). But good luck on your drive to find more players.

Dosent help yoru main is a hunter either :p

• Advertisement

Anti wrote: »
    Dosent help yoru main is a hunter either :p

LoL you should check my hunter out his just nasty dps.

Im now over 450dps unbuffed & 29crit with a little under 9% hit raiting which is required for BT. Going by the imba web site ? my hunter is almost ready for sunwell.... :)

But ya hunters are all over the place.... must be the most overplayed class.

LoL you should check my hunter out his just nasty dps.

Im now over 450dps unbuffed & 29crit with a little under 9% hit raiting which is required for BT. Going by the imba web site ? my hunter is almost ready for sunwell.... :)

But ya hunters are all over the place.... must be the most overplayed class.

Sweet job on the dps. Im about 500ish when fully buffed from a shammy, paly and druid with a agi elixer on top and some AP food on me and pet. Im maxing out at 23.39% crit not sure about hit ratign though. I still have a few items i really need to get rid of. But im so bored of my hunter now im leveling my lock and druid.

Update

We now have the first 3 Boss's down in MH

Also i was reading it wrong on that imba web site. It tells me im ready for the very end boss's in SunWell. Funny to think i have not even steped into BT yet.

I do feel im ready for BT but no way SunWell as the web site tells me.

Another update.

Not sure if people read it but will post anyways.

Have now 4/5 MH, So 3 members now have T6 hands.

Also we will take down the first boss in BT i think this week. Only tryed the boss in BT twice and second time we got him to 34%. I found it easy my self but the healers did say they found it hard.

Over all we been making progresss. Maybe not lightning fast but a-lot better then just doing Gruul in Jan this year.

A big change from people jumping to other guilds from ours. From time to time we have one or 2 leaving or maybe we removed them from Guild, but i say that happens in most of the top guilds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Congrats Charlie ;) Words of advice regarding Naj'entus....

Either rogues with wound poison, warriors with mortal strike or hunters timing aimed shot to reduce his healing during each 'shield phase'.

Pot, healthstone, bandage, whatever. Everyone in the raid needs to be healing themselves while the shield is up - the faster everyone is @ full, the faster you'll be allowed to spine the shield. We actually went so far as to exclude people from raiding Naj'entus on our first few kills if they hadn't taken such steps on previous runs.

Organise the raid groups to the cardinal points (N, S, E, W) and stick 1/2 healers in each group.

Have two 'ranges' of ranged - the inner range healers (so they have range on both DPS and Tank) and the outer range DPS.

Ensure that everyone has a 'spine buddy' organised - a character who will be nearby and ready to drop what they're doing to remove a spine if they receive a macro spam from you saying you've been spined - this should be a DPSer and not a healer, the healers have enough to do already.

Whoever is calling for the spine to be used ideally should have Grid setup with the 'incoming heals' mod for Grid - as long as the healers have this installed it means that the person not only knows what everyone's health is at a glance but can also see the heals about to land on people, giving them a much more accurate overview of the situation. With practice we typically lose 1-2 people now doing Naj'entus.

That's the more obvious points I can think of - if I think of anything else I'll post it ;)

Naj is easy once people aren't stupid tbh. Evac's got it pretty much covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Dellarocca

I've applied to a new raiding guild. Current guild has stagnated. gone more pvp orientated.

Hopefully, I will be lucky enough to get it and see BT. Been to TK and SSC once. before but only saw the first 2 bosses in each.

Thanks for the tipps.
    Im just glad that we worked our ass's off from the days of kara 10 or 11months (when i joined the guild) ago to getting to BT.
    Ok we not downed the last boss in SSC, TK or MH yet :(. But we will just have to work on them. Its just a pitty that its taken us this long to get were we are now. With the new expansion just around the cornor.

Also another thing is that we have never had a member in the guild, when on a new boss could say ok i done this guy before (all the way from kara to MH & BT). We would go into fights all 25 people who ever picked not ever have downed or even fought the boss before. I just think thats kind of unique in this day & age of wow. And makes it more rewarding when we down a new boss.

Well we killed Naj last night with our first full night of trying him. Did it on our 3rd go at him, also had no rogues :) and still got him. The hunters did their aimed just before bubble, and mortal from our dps warrior. Worked out fine i find it an easy fight as long as u loot them cones of each person's toon before they die.

Im glad to be out of MH and into BT were im top of the dps once again :). Aoe is crap on hunters and we suck in MH untill boss time. But saying all that its a team game for sure.

Well done :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

My old (also current) guild has Illidan down almost a month now. I can't really play much any more, because my guild leader also happened to be my girlfriend and things went a teensy bit pear-shaped.

Problem we see now though, is that even as the second Horde guild, you'll still have a trickle of people who want to be in the number one guild. Also, the enthusiasm of people for WoW seems to be fading fast. The guild has huge trouble recruiting tanks and a few other classes. Sign ups haven't been full for ages either, with people being able to raid if they just happen to have logged on at the right time.

Throw in a guild leader whose been pretty bitchy since she broke up with her boyfriend, and all the added drama that causes and I can't see the guild lasting. Which is a real pity, because we all put a lot of time into it, but there's no way of resolving the problems.

Progress:

Karazhan: 11/11
    Zul'Aman: 6/6
    Gruul's Lair: 2/2
    Magtheridon's Lair: 1/1
    Serpentshrine Caverns: 5/6
    Tempest Keep: 3/4
    Mount Hyjal: 4/5
    Black Temple: 1/9
    Sunwell Plateau: 0/5

anonymous_joe i know what you mean. We find it very very hard to get people up to our level. Infact i think we lose more then take in... The big problem is the amount of people saying "ok guys im quiting wow its no fun any more & im tired of the game". Some people have come back after a few months out but not enough.

Can understand this, people been playing the game for 1 to 2 years your bound to get tired of it.

I found it wasn't helping my college and was sort of taking a break. Then my ex went loco, and so I was no longer second in command of our guild. At that stage I realised I'd only been playing because I was an officer. I mean, I was a deadly officer. :p

Problem is, WoW is ridiculously repetitive these days. Dailies, etc, are not fun. The game is wearing very thin, very fast.

I'm still not certain I'll bother playing the new expansion.

I've got a guild that's technically good, but which has lost all sense of soul since the grand march through progress really began. The community sense of WoW has failed miserably for me.

Its only a game u can only play it so long before getting tired of it. Might be time to move on and look for something else.
    Im very sure it will happen to me as it did with CS. played that game for years then slowly played less and less till i gave it up all together.

Would like to try some other game their but noting has taken me in. So will keep playing till i find something else.

I've long since given up. I might raid once a week at most. And that'd be rare.

Though my experience is coloured by a messy guild situation. :P

/wowquit

Realised I was playing an unhealthy amount, uninstalled the game the other night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

/wowquit

Realised I was playing an unhealthy amount, uninstalled the game the other night.

did that ages ago :) , good for you .

but ive got my little cousin playing it for me now and lvling one of every class to 70 for me. Great little guy he thinks its great craic.

3 done so far in just over 40 days.

/wowquit

Well done.

I had pretty much stopped playing back in January or so. I log on at most twice or three times a week for about fifteen minutes usually.

The only thing that bugs me is the amount of time that used to be spent with WoW and my ex that I've now got nothing to do in. Takes time to fill all that up. Usually I just go out, but there are too many times when no-one else is around. :o

Heh I got kicked from my old guild.

Joys of ex-gf's. ^^

• Advertisement

Dr_MaSoN wrote: »
    did that ages ago :) , good for you .

but ive got my little cousin playing it for me now and lvling one of every class to 70 for me. Great little guy he thinks its great craic.

3 done so far in just over 40 days.

Any chance i can rent him out? Im getting really bored trying to level a mage and warrior at the moment ;)

Advertisement