Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beard Rash

• 09-01-2008 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

No - not on me godammit. :D

Ok - I like my beard but she likes the skin on her face just as much so I'm trying to find someway I can soften up the auld bristles so as not to scratch her to bits everytime she comes near me.

I keep my beard trimmed and don't really want to grow it out fully - I also don't want to go back to being clean-shaven.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

tell her to shut up and take it!

My gf gets it too. I shaved off my beard with a 1 blade there about a week ago, it was really thick and very long, about 3 months growth(my hair grows fast). Now shes getting the soar chin and so on, there is no easy solution. Either grow it past the point of not hurting her schmig, or keep it tightly shaved...

You could shampoo and over use conditioner on it, that made my beard really soft, but with shorter hair its useless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

"shut up and take it" eh? That just might be the solution I'm looking for! :D

My beard looks stupid if I grow it out (some would argue that it always looks stupid!) so maybe if I keep it tightly trimmed I might get away with it. Just have to wait until she's in town again before I find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeah, I shampoo and condition my beard, for that soft strokable feeling. :D

But yeah, if it's kept too short, that might not be possible for you Jeff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I get terrible beard rash from my bf too. I'm always telling him to shave before coming near me! He used to moan loads about it and say it wasn't that bad until he noticed the rash in the light one day and saw how red and nasty it looked.

He shaves a lot more now because he felt so bad! Do you want a beard so much you'll maim your gf? It really is very painful you know!

If you really need to keep the beard, doesn't it make it softer the longer it is? Because it's not bristly? Are you sure you can't grow it any longer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I agree with watna: the longer the better. Now, I'm not encouraging a beard you can toss over your shoulder, just that most lengths beyond two-day stubble is ok. Or should be ok at least ... maybe condition it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Shave it or grow it. if it bristles in any way, it'll give her beard rash. When you shave, the hairs cut an angle so they're super pointy. Some people have such sharp bristles, they can cut themselves rubbing their face. Sounds stupid but it's true.

Advertisement