Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Taking out a ford fiesta car radio

Options
  • 09-01-2008 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Can anybody shed some light on how to take the radio out of the ford fiesta ghia 99 reg? I am trying to take it out to check the serial number as the radio is asking for a code. Any help appreciated!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

te code should be in your manuals.
    what make of radio is it, you may need a key or take out the gove box

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Countryripple

Usually two clip thingys to remove it. if you dont have them you could prob make some with a hanger. if you dont have the code you can get it from your Ford stealer. costs E15ish. If you drive to one they'll be able to give it to you by checking out the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

It is the 5000 rds. I dont have the manuals, I bought the car from my dad and he lost the manuals years ago. It costs 20 quid to get it done in a garage. If I can just get the serial number I know I can get the code for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

It is the 5000 rds. I dont have the manuals, I bought the car from my dad and he lost the manuals years ago. It costs 20 quid to get it done in a garage. If I can just get the serial number I know I can get the code for free.

if you dont know what your doin pay the €20;) trust me:D. you will save yourself alot of trouble. so its a standar ford radio, i think the glove box and fascia will have to come off to get it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Countryripple

if there are 4 wee holes, one in each corner of the face of the radio, then you will need to use the clip hooky thingys to get it out. E20 is not alot to spend instead of wrecking the radio and needing to replace it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

In a fiesta of that vintage you don't need to take apart the dash at all. The u-shaped hook things should just pull it right out. There's should be 2 plugs in the back - a small round one for the aerial and a wide blocky one for the speakers/power/etc. There might be a third connection if your car has a cd changer.

You can get the Ford radio keys (i.e. the hook things!) from motor factors for about €3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

The best way is to get four mini thin headed screw drivers, push them in the four holes and push outwards and pull at the same time. ;)

Advertisement