Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a logo ...

Options
  • 09-01-2008 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

I have a nixxer for any graphic designers with a bit of free time.

I have a new site up www.localdirectory.ie to go alongside my other business idea (link on the right of the page).

It's only in its first stages - so pretty much an empty page for now.

It's doing the business (slowly but surely) but what I need is a logo for the main page ... nothing extravagent - just a small eye-catcher to remember the site by.

Any takers?

Post here or PM for further details re: payment etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I can help you out. PM my any idea's you have and I'll sort you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Solo-Evolution

contact me if u still need help ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Redscrapbook

I've just sent you email on PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Thanks for the interest guys - I'll get round to PMing you tomorrow ...

Main page has been changed about by the way - so top right hand corner is the empty space for the logo ...

www.localdirectory.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

looking at the page I'd recommend you redesign (colour scheme)

and work on a new logo / colour scheme / corporate identity (so to speak)

• Advertisement

forbairt wrote: »
    looking at the page I'd recommend you redesign (colour scheme)

and work on a new logo / colour scheme / corporate identity (so to speak)

Thanks for the input forbairt - it's on the to-do list, but I'm up to my neck dealing with potential customers at the minute. Have a few sites ready to upload in the coming days etc

Started this thread looking for that logo, the 'corporate identity' as you put it. The site's in its infancy, but changes will come about quick enough.

On the colour scheme - I thought I had it right. From reading up on a few articles/supplements on good design and aesthetics - it's supposed to be a good first-impressions colour.

I tried a grayscale and black/orange theme before settling on the one I have now, but imo it works well with the other site (see sig).

Thanks for the constructive criticism tho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

GerryRyan wrote: »
    On the colour scheme - I thought I had it right. From reading up on a few articles/supplements on good design and aesthetics - it's supposed to be a good first-impressions colour.

Hmm... personal opinion is .. its wrong ..

Colour scheme .. too dark ... too "old" ...

Your design is quite old looking as well ... looks like something from 3 - 4 years ago ... (sorry for being so harsh .. and no doubt you'll get some other input on it)

for some examples ... http://www.oswd.org/ could be good for some "open source inspiration" ...

I'm assuming you don't have much of a budget as you're asking on here for nixers ...

for example ... in my opinion ...

- http://www.oswd.org/design/preview/id/3557

This might be a bit more along your current colour scheme...

- http://www.oswd.org/design/preview/id/2999

Again its just my personal opinion so you don't have to agree or not .. (I'd recommend you talk to some designers try getting a bit of input though not just a few bits of what you read ... colour theory is good ... for general advice on colours to use ... BUT ... there are also popular trends to consider ..... )

-

Page has been updated by the way ... the original dark blue design was never meant to be permanent, but was better than the blank screen ;)

Thanks for the input all the same - that site has been a great resource. I'm teaching myself some java and flash at the minute - so more subtle changes on the way.

On the logo - sorry I'm taking so long to PM you guys - I'll get right on it. Putting a portfolio thing together for the site ryt now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I'd be interested in doing this for you. Have done a lot of logo work in the past, as well as other design jobs.

Advertisement