Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bluetooth Car Phone Kits

Options
  • 09-01-2008 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

This may not be the best location for this thread, but can anyone recommend an decent bluetooth car phone kits?

cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

just got the Parrot MiniKit and its very good. Good sound quality, cheap at around €60 and portable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 seataltea

Parrott. Have a look at their webiste. Its UK website but they are widely available in ROI.
    http://www.parrot.com/uk/products/pdf/all_prods/#car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

I got mine (a parrott 3000 and connects 2 lead) from http://www.fitbluetooth.co.uk/ who were great to deal with and delivered fast. I installed it myself in about 20 mins. Great solution for full bluetooth connectivity and multi-function wheel connection in my car. Works with Nokia, Motorolla and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

i have one of advanced Nokia bluetooth ones installed. I find it excellent. Got it professionally installed as it was going in a new car. If I was buying again though Id buy one of the parrott ones as they are compatible with all phones. Nokia ones are excellant with Nokia phones but can cause trouble connecting to other models

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

cheers lads

whats products did ye purchase?
    seataltea wrote: »
    Parrott. Have a look at their webiste. Its UK website but they are widely available in ROI.
    http://www.parrot.com/uk/products/pdf/all_prods/#car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Anyone come across the Minikit at a good price? I don't want to go down the installed road, really.

blastman wrote: »
    Anyone come across the Minikit at a good price? I don't want to go down the installed road, really.

Got mine for €68 delivered from http://www.pixmania.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SecureSounds

Parrot stuff is very good, start at €200.00 installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Cheers furtzy, found a seller on Ebay who does them for about 60 Euro delivered to Ireland, so will probably go that route. The Minikit sounds like it should be the end of faffing about with headsets and cigarette lighter kits (still not going the installed route, though!)

blastman wrote: »
    Cheers furtzy, found a seller on Ebay who does them for about 60 Euro delivered to Ireland, so will probably go that route. The Minikit sounds like it should be the end of faffing about with headsets and cigarette lighter kits (still not going the installed route, though!)

No probs. Its the may to go. Just clips onto your sun visor. Its a bit bigger than you think but nothing major

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

I have a sony ericsson HCB100 or something, that clips on to the visor. Does the job pretty well, although at motorway speeds it can be hard to hear the person on the other end. I think that has more to do with the tin box I drive though than anything else. theres a newer version aswell, so you might be interested in that. We got our Dad a satnav with bluetooth built in and its the business, so thats something else you might want to consider.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I have a Motorola T305 that I got from the carphonewarehouse website. Happy with it, speakers are a little crackly, but other people seem to hear me fine.

They have quite a few, and cheaper then the bricks and mortar shops for some reason..

Parrot do get some excellent reviews though, and I did consider it but the installation put me off as I would like to move to different cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I like the Nokia CK15 and would prefer it to the Parrot CK3100 (seems to be the most common model)
    _wsb_364x272_DSC01435.JPG
    as no matter how it's installed, it always looks messy.

What phone will you be using?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Where is the best place to get one of the Parrot kits installed at a reasonable price or does anyone know someone who would do it as a nixer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 GavinPJQuinn

cgc5483 wrote: »
    Where is the best place to get one of the Parrot kits installed at a reasonable price or does anyone know someone who would do it as a nixer

I could supply and fit a Parrot CK3000 EVOLUTION for €200.

Or €100 just to supply.

Gav.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

I got a Parrot 3100 and it's grand.

It stores my phonebook, updates the phonebook every time it starts, shows battery and signal strength and works with a Nokia 6233 & E65 no problems.

I'd recommend it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

ianobrien wrote: »
    I got a Parrot 3100 and it's grand.

It stores my phonebook, updates the phonebook every time it starts, shows battery and signal strength and works with a Nokia 6233 & E65 no problems.

I'd recommend it anyway.

Ian,

Were you happy with the installer and if so could you pass on their details?

I'm looking at getting a CK3100 installed and want to get the name of a decent fitter. I've also been getting different quotes from €260 to €220, but I'd rather pay for the competent neat installer as lat thing I want is someone with a crowbar going at my dash and leaving scrathces on it.

I'm also looking to get a 2nd cig socket put in behind the dash to take the plug in adaptor for the sat nav so I can have the cable run behind the dash up to where I'm going to locate the sat nav. The cable at the moment is just coiled up and is a right dogs dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I am also looking for a 3100 and to get it installed and to uninstall the nokia preinstalled in my audi a4. any good feedback on installers and prices and also a neat job, no crowbar as said above!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I like the Nokia CK15 and would prefer it to the Parrot CK3100 (seems to be the most common model)
    _wsb_364x272_DSC01435.JPG
    as no matter how it's installed, it always looks messy.

What phone will you be using?

general concencus out there on the review forums is Parrot is favoured more to the Nokia kits for reliability. The Parrot 3100 suits my car perfect as I have an ideal place for it that is hidden from view when I close the door of the ashtray cover when I park up. Anything bigger than the 3100 wouldn't fit

However, I came across this review on teh web for the CK3100
    "One thing that we noticed was that the system will copy contacts only from a connected phone's SIM card and not those stored on the phone's internal phonebook"

This could be a right pain as I store everything on my phone

I had a pattot 3100 installed in my last car and left it in it when selling it.
    I never had any problems with numbers been taken off it and i only use my phone for storing my number, Was using SE phones.

Anyway, fantastic piece of kit, they are out years and still the best I have used.

• Advertisement

anyone got someone toi supply and install a parrot 3100 reasonable?

Advertisement