Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD2600 driver problems

Options
  • 09-01-2008 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

I just installed an ATI HD2600 agp and I'm having problems with the driver setup. they won't install from the cd,I'm getting an error message with the code (ox80040707).I downloaded drivers from the ati site but won't load either,saying can't find the hardware. Anyone else had problems with drivers for this card.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

http://omegadrivers.net/

Try Omega Drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,612 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

You'll need to get Catalyst 7.7, they have a bug in later versions leaving AGP unsupported in the driver. A quick google will show a few forums with details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

got a driver from omega that did the job first time,thanks for that.
    Windows is now finding new hardware on every startup (tbh I think I fooked up the original install of the drivers because I let windows do it's thing without checking the manual for the card first,I should have canceled it and just used the drivers on the cd) anyway,windows wants to install pci drivers etc,anyway can I stop this from happening permantly.I'm afraid someone in the house will click ok and let it happen and mess up the pc. Also on 3dmark06,when I test the performance it's coming up as negative,can't find the card, would that be because of the omega drivers?sorry for the long winded question.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,612 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Doesn't 3dmark require have a repository of allowed drivers so that people can't spoof it?

The PCI device might be the HDMI audio device, you should be able to cancel the install and set it not to ask in the future, or set it to disabled in device manager.

Advertisement