Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you recommend a fishmonger in Dublin, Southside?

• 09-01-2008 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good fishmonger in Dublin, on the southside?

Northsiders are spoilt with Wrights and Beshoff's in Howth, but I live near Dundrum, and Howth is too far away.

Also, I've heard that it's possible to buy fresh fish straight off the trawlers in Dun Laoighaire. However, though I've been there many a time, I've never seen any such selling. Has anybody bought fish here and if so, where exactly?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

For DunL you have to be there early in the morning...
    Fish is (not sure if it still is?) sold from the Ice House on the Coal Quay (which is the short pier, between the East and West Piers.

I believe there are a number of fishmongers in DunL that have a very good reputation. Else you could try Caviston's in Glasthule (excellent but expensive).

Here's an article from Bridgestone:
    http://www.bestofbridgestone.com/mb/jn2/ff.html

Advertisement