Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will that dog ever shut up in the park..?

Options
  • 09-01-2008 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭

Second turn off for the park, A little annoying dog seams to want to bark all day long..
    I have mentioned to the owners thats it annoying, exspecailly when people work nights and are trying to get to some sleep during the day..

I'm not sure who i can ring about it... probably no one...

I'll be knocking on her door later this evening and let her know once more (yellow card)... then after that and the mut is still barking away then may have to sort the dog out myself..

With all the dogs about and the dog muck on the greens its like living in a council area in the Rathdown c.c.

Have a bit of respect for the community and the people who use it..:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

Second turn off for the park, A little annoying dog seams to want to bark all day long..
    I have mentioned to the owners thats it annoying, exspecailly when people work nights and are trying to get to some sleep during the day..

I'm not sure who i can ring about it... probably no one...

I'll be knocking on her door later this evening and let her know once more (yellow card)... then after that and the mut is still barking away then may have to sort the dog out myself..

With all the dogs about and the dog muck on the greens its like living in a council area in the Rathdown c.c.

Have a bit of respect for the community and the people who use it..:mad:

You can report a nuisance such as this to the management company. In my experience approaching the dog owners and complaining seems to enrage them, I suppose bad dog owners are generally insensitive, highly strung people as well. Its also illegal for owners to allow dogs run loose let alone allowing them crap all over our green areas, report the owners to both the council and the management co..it seems to be the only approach these anti social idiots respond to.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

Do they leave the dog out all day while they're at work -- the selfish idiots. It's unfair on the poor dog and everyone who lives around it. I just can't understand anyone who gets a dog and then leaves it alone for ten hours every day -- get a cat instead, they do fine on their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

GAN wrote: »
    Do they leave the dog out all day while they're at work -- the selfish idiots. It's unfair on the poor dog and everyone who lives around it. I just can't understand anyone who gets a dog and then leaves it alone for ten hours every day -- get a cat instead, they do fine on their own.

Thats whats happening, I noticed it had gone a quiet out the back just after having my dinner tonight and notice the owners car was back..

Even on Christmas day, I know alot of people get up early that day but to be woken up at 7am and then listen to it for the whole day... yapping away... We even put the radio on to drown out the noise whilst we tried to enjoy our dinner..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Yipper

I hate my Owner.
    Don't like the cold.
    Food is crap.
    Need a holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

The Yipper wrote: »
    I hate my Owner.
    Don't like the cold.
    Food is crap.
    Need a holiday!

and a pooh...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

ian_m wrote: »
    and a pooh...

Chuckle chuckle.... Jes, get yourself up on stage...!!!

G.S.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

It could be worse you could have 3 neighbours with new dogs, 4 dogs in total, there is constant barking day and night. Our mission is to find out which dog is making the racket so we can complain to the owner. But of course once 1 starts they all join in, nightmare! Im a dog lover but patience is running thin :mad: Rant over :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Welsh Wizard... Take a week off.

You'd been warned about stupid posts and that last one takes the biscuit.

Contact either myself or Eoin_s in a week to have access reinstated.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Between this and the other dog related thread, there have been too many comments either hinting at, or blatantly mentioning cruelty to animals. Don't want that here thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

eoin_s wrote: »
    Between this and the other dog related thread, there have been too many comments either hinting at, or blatantly mentioning cruelty to animals. Don't want that here thanks.

Nothing about cruelty to humans caused by said dogs and their 'owners'?:confused:

• Advertisement

Kwality posting there Freddie. Read the charter before posting again. If you have any other difficulties with the Moderation of the board don't post here.

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Nothing about cruelty to humans caused by said dogs and their 'owners'?:confused:

What are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Possibly he meant to say "sad dogs", leading to cruelty to humans as a result having to listen to the barking mutt. I dono...

I'm sure there are some shift workers in Charlesland who don't want to have to listen to a frustrated dog all day.

ian_m wrote: »
    Possibly he meant to say "sad dogs", leading to cruelty to humans as a result having to listen to the barking mutt. I dono...

I'm sure there are some shift workers in Charlesland who don't want to have to listen to a frustrated dog all day.

I got that, but still a pointless post.

I got that, but still a pointless post.

OK - let me explain it for you. Ther are people whose lives are made a misery by barking dogs and thier idiot "owners". It might come as a surprise to some, but there are many, myself included, who would rather not listen to Fido/Rex/whatever barking non-stop 24/7 because their owners are too lazy or irresponsible to care for the animanls.

As Ian M points out, what about people on shiftwork? The way some posters here try to rationalise this behaviour is beyobnd belief (why not take the dog for a walk,; talk to him; feed him; approach the neighbours, etc etc).

If they want to take a dog for a walk or feed them they would OWN one. Is it too much to expect people to keep these nuisances under control? It's no wonder certain breeds are being banned in Council estates. I hope they extend it to private estates also. And include more Draconian legislation regarding barking while they're at it.

Rant over. Now, Eoin, does that clear things up for you?;)

Kwality posting there Freddie. Read the charter before posting again. If you have any other difficulties with the Moderation of the board don't post here.

Let me get this straight - because someone disagrees with the doggie lobby here, they're reprimanded? Correct?

OK - let me explain it for you. Ther are people whose lives are made a misery by barking dogs and thier idiot "owners". It might come as a surprise to some, but there are many, myself included, who would rather not listen to Fido/Rex/whatever barking non-stop 24/7 because their owners are too lazy or irresponsible to care for the animanls.

That still has nothing to do with me requesting that nobody make any more references to physically abusing a dog, which two people have on this and the other thread. That will not be tolerated here, end of story.
    As Ian M points out, what about people on shiftwork? The way some posters here try to rationalise this behaviour is beyobnd belief (why not take the dog for a walk,; talk to him; feed him; approach the neighbours, etc etc).

If they want to take a dog for a walk or feed them they would OWN one. Is it too much to expect people to keep these nuisances under control?

I think people are suggesting that the owners aren't walking the dogs enough, not that the people affected by the barking should do it instead.
    It's no wonder certain breeds are being banned in Council estates. I hope they extend it to private estates also. And include more Draconian legislation regarding barking while they're at it.

The dog breed ban has nothing to do with barking.

That still has nothing to do with me requesting that nobody make any more references to physically abusing a dog, which two people have on this and the other thread. That will not be tolerated here, end of story.

Don't you wonder why people reach that frame of mind?
    I think people are suggesting that the owners aren't walking the dogs enough, not that the people affected by the barking should do it instead.

This has been suggested across several threads on boards.ie. Look it up.
    The dog breed ban has nothing to do with barking.

More's the pity.

>>This has been suggested across several threads on boards.ie. Look it up.

What's said in other forums doesn't concern me that much in this case.

>>Don't you wonder why people reach that frame of mind?

No, any more than I would reach the frame of mind to slap a baby that's crying in a restaurant. In case I wasn't clear before, if there are any more references to animal abuse, there will be a ban.

Let me get this straight - because someone disagrees with the doggie lobby here, they're reprimanded? Correct?

No. Lots of people here disagree with me and never get reprimanded. Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.

However when you say:
    Nothing about cruelty to humans caused by said dogs and their 'owners'

You would seem to imply that dogs make a concious decision to bark in order to upset their owners' neighbours.

Dogs bark for more reasons than having neglectful owners.

I too have neighbours with noisy dogs, but you don't deal with it by poisoning the dogs as was suggested on this thread (the post was deleted by me), which is a criminal act. You deal with it by speaking with your neighbours and if that doesn't work then you go about seeking a noise abaitment order.

Luckily for us, our neighbours now know how we feel about their dogs' barking, so will shut them up as soon as it starts.

• Advertisement

No. Lots of people here disagree with me and never get reprimanded. Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.

However when you say:

You would seem to imply that dogs make a concious decision to bark in order to upset their owners' neighbours.

Dogs bark for more reasons than having neglectful owners.

I too have neighbours with noisy dogs, but you don't deal with it by poisoning the dogs as was suggested on this thread (the post was deleted by me), which is a criminal act. You deal with it by speaking with your neighbours and if that doesn't work then you go about seeking a noise abaitment order.

Luckily for us, our neighbours now know how we feel about their dogs' barking, so will shut them up as soon as it starts.

I never suggested poisoning a dog. And it's well for you that you have approachable neighbours. They're not all like that. The word assholes can be applied again.;)

What about owners actually inciting the dog to bark beacause they take offence at a neighbour's complaint? How would you go about that one?

>>This has been suggested across several threads on boards.ie. Look it up.

What's said in other forums doesn't concern me that much in this case.

>>Don't you wonder why people reach that frame of mind?

No, any more than I would reach the frame of mind to slap a baby that's crying in a restaurant. In case I wasn't clear before, if there are any more references to animal abuse, there will be a ban.

What in God's name has a baby crying in a restaurant got to do with a dog's excessive barking??!!:eek: You cannot confine debate on this case to just this thread. I believe that's called censorship. And, last time I looked, we lived in a society wherte debate is encouraged, not stifled because someone wants to put down an alternate viewpoint.

What in God's name has a baby crying in a restaurant got to do with a dog's excessive barking??!!:eek: You cannot confine debate on this case to just this thread. I believe that's called censorship. And, last time I looked, we lived in a society wherte debate is encouraged, not stifled because someone wants to put down an alternate viewpoint.

1) I said that I do not want any more references to animal abuse. At least two comments were made that have been deleted. It will not be allowed here - end of story.

2) This is a privately owned and operated site, so don't even bother with the "free speech" spiel. Start up your own site if you choose, and write whatever you want.

Last chance, stop trolling.

1) I said that I do not want any more references to animal abuse. At least two comments were made that have been deleted. It will not be allowed here - end of story.

2) This is a privately owned and operated site, so don't even bother with the "free speech" spiel. Start up your own site if you choose, and write whatever you want.

Last chance, stop trolling.

No-one's trolling, merely offering an opinion (based on personal experience) which differs to yours. I cannot believe you're spinning that 'private site' crap just because I'm pointing out something which may be of benefit to others and which you personally disagree with. In this day and age.

No-one's trolling, merely offering an opinion (based on personal experience) which differs to yours. I cannot believe you're spinning that 'private site' crap just because I'm pointing out something which may be of benefit to others and which you personally disagree with. In this day and age.

PM sent, this is going in circles. You can reply to it, or take it to feedback.

Yes, I personally disagree with cruelty to animals, next post advocating this will be deleted and the poster banned.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Is this thread all about eoin and Freddie? It certainly looks that way, and its gone off the point. Talk to the council, im nearly sure there is a law against it. We had a similar issue, and a call to the guards who spoke to the owners sorted it after we failed to make them see any sense. In another case, we asked the neighbour to keep the dog indoors and they did.

Freddie: Its simple. Any posts suggesting that abusing dogs to stop them parking will be removed and the poster banned. Why? Cruelty to Animals is not permitted anywhere in Ireland, and if your caught your pretty ****ed. I cant believe that people are even suggesting it. Its so completely wrong. So, stop. All of you. STOP suggesting abuse should be used to stopping the dog barking. Its NOT tolerated outside of Boards and its certainly not tolerated on Boards. Give it a rest or get of the thread.

End of.

Thread locked.

Thread has become more about how the forum is moderated than about the issue at hand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement