Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breast Cancer

Options
  • 09-01-2008 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All! Firstly, I would like to thank tbh & tallaght01 for giving me the OK to post this.

A close friend of mine has recently successfully (thank God!) overcome her battle against breast cancer. She has returned to college to complete her final year project in Psychology this year. For this project she is attempting to do a comparison study in outlooks between Irish women who have had breast cancer, and Irish women who have not.

To this end, she is looking for input from women who have had breast cancer – she has obviously found it easier to get input from those who have remained cancer-free.

She has put a questionnaire together for the purpose of gathering this information (see attached). The questionnaire does not require any personally identifying information - it's anonymous.

A hardcopy of the completed questionnaire is required to be returned by 15th February. My friend can send out a SAE which may be returned or respondees can provide their own stamp & envelope & post to her directly. She will then donate the cost of envelope / postage to a breast cancer support group / charity. Please PM me (Hill Billy) to pass your contact details to her or vice versa. Whatever suits.

While you may not be in a position to respond, if you know of someone who has had breast cancer & would be willing to participate - please feel free to pass on this questionnaire to them.

Many thanks in advance for your participation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Good luck with it HB, I'll sticky this until St. Patricks day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Smythie

Happy to help out. Just sent you a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Many thanks Smythie! Maeve will be delighted to hear from you. PM sent with details.

Take care!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

All - Just a quick note on behalf of my friend to say "Many Thanks!" to those who contributed to her Breast Cancer study.

Advertisement