Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool At Home - 11th May

Options
  • 09-01-2008 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Afternoon Lads.

Rite here's the story, im heading over to London for my stags for the weekend of 10th/11th May. I will be staying for the 2 nights in Central London for the weekend, flights and Hotel are all booked.

As you all know we are playing Liverpool on the Sunday, last day of the season. I know its gonna be quite tough to get tickets but I'll be doing my best to get close to 10 for it, I have a few different people on the case.

Im getting the shout in early just in case some of you decide not to go over for it. I know we have'nt a clue if the game will mean anything at this stage of the season, but hopefully not as the demand may not be as high.

I would greatly appreciate it if any of you decide not to go, that you let me know of any memberships available that I could use. I currently have 2 myself, so anybody who may want to use them between now and the end of the season for any games that they are not being used, i will by all means oblige you in return.

The tickets go on Sale for to Members on March 17th, so keep it in mind.

Ronan, I hope you dont mind me posting this, but as I said, I will oblige anyone who obliges me.

p.s. Anyone who fancies joining us for a session in London either the Sat or Sun night are more than welcome.

Cheers
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

jeez you'll be lucky to get 10 tickets in the same stand for that game, let alone near each other but I wish you the best of luck mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Thursday, March 27 is the date they go on general sale. Stick a diary reminder somewhere and get on the phone to ticket office the minute they open. I think the max you can buy in one purchase is 6 so it will probably need two of you to carry out purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Good Man Rich.

Doesnt really have to be all in the one stand, does'nt really matter if we are not all sitting together, but would be sweet if we all got tickets somehow.A Pal of mine who will be in the group is a season ticket holder and he knows a few others so he's putting out the word too. I should be ok for 5/6, so I might only need another 4/5 hopefully,although the numbers my increase between now and then.

Lads, just a quick reminder to keep me in mind on this one. Ronan, if you hear of any memberships not being used, keep me in mind.They go on-sale to Members on March 17th.

Cheers
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Missed this the first time round John, no problem with you posting it at all.

I might be able to rustle up three/four memberships for you, will chase up the lads this week and get back to you.

• Advertisement

Missed this the first time round John, no problem with you posting it at all.

I might be able to rustle up three/four memberships for you, will chase up the lads this week and get back to you.

Great Stuff, fair play.

I have a few memberships lads, anymore floating about before Monday when they go on sale ?? cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

i am not going to be using my membership so pm for details if you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

t

I didnt quite catch that Ireland Spurs ;)

I just got 6 tickets for the Liverpool game, might be 1 or 2 short on the day but we'll pull something out of the bag.

Thanks a million to Ronan, Darren and John for the digout, Much Appreciated Lads.

Cheers
    John

p.s. Im in the Park Lane Lower, should be good crack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

We Have 2 Members Can Not Get Tickets For The Match And They Are Members Spurs Said Booked Out

We Have 2 Members Can Not Get Tickets For The Match And They Are Members Spurs Said Booked Out

Must be sold out already is it, didnt think it would sell out so quickly !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Meathfan

After a long battle with the online ordereing service I managed to get my 3 yesterday....

Only importance of the match will be seeing a number of the players playing their last game for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Leachie

Lads, in light of this post, I stupidly relied on my friend to wake up after a night out and order tickets for the Liverpool match. We are both members but he only had my number and I did not have his.

They were sold out within 30 minutes. Our flights, etc are booked so now we are desperately looking for tickets for this game. Any advice/help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks

If I hear of anything I'll post it up, but I'd expect you'll end up paying well over the odds with this being the last game of the season (and above cost selling on here is prohibited)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

I just got one now, wouldn't allow me to get the 2nd (have a mate trying his number). Spent yesterday and this morning trying to get them online. In Park Lane Lower. Would we have more joy phoning??:confused:

tomo75 wrote: »
    I just got one now, wouldn't allow me to get the 2nd (have a mate trying his number). Spent yesterday and this morning trying to get them online. In Park Lane Lower. Would we have more joy phoning??:confused:

Best of luck with that, you could be on hold for a verrrrrrrrrry long time.

Leachie wrote: »
    Lads, in light of this post, I stupidly relied on my friend to wake up after a night out and order tickets for the Liverpool match. We are both members but he only had my number and I did not have his.

They were sold out within 30 minutes. Our flights, etc are booked so now we are desperately looking for tickets for this game. Any advice/help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks

Like Ronan said, Id say you will find it hard to get any at this stage, you might find a couple floating around the pubs on the day maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

Best of luck with that, you could be on hold for a verrrrrrrrrry long time.

Better ring from work so!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Leachie

Thanks lads.

There are always a few tickets floating about - the skill is in locating and then securing them!

Fingers crossed we will get a couple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Just an idea lads,since it is the last game of the season we should have a forum get together somewhere around the ground for those who are travelling and have a few pints reflecting on the season past.Any suggestions or ideas please put forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Meathfan

The Irish Centre...The Bricklayers..The bell and Hare....opps shows what I do when I go to a match

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Just an idea lads,since it is the last game of the season we should have a forum get together somewhere around the ground for those who are travelling and have a few pints reflecting on the season past.Any suggestions or ideas please put forward.

Great idea.

My preference would be for somewhere where you can get a beer easy enough, and not have to fight your way to the bogs!

Bearing that in mind I'll suggest the Park (beside Northumberland Park station) which has a huge beer garden or my old haunt the Coach & Horses (which has a smaller beer garden, but there's a bar at the back that's easy enough to get a beer in and there's a jacks round behind the bar so need for fighting through crowds!)

I'll also suggest an early kick off (say 11am) so that folk can move on if they have other mates they need to see. I know that morning will be busy for me anyway.

p.s. still not sure I can get time off work for the game...:(

Must add I wouldn't be adverse to an early doors start in the Bell & Hare either, would allow me meet up with the lads I sit with.

All good suggestions,to be honest i dont mind which pub we go to ,as you say ease of getting to the bar would be good though.Also the early start sounds good to me as i fly in early that morning and am getting train from stansted so will have time on my hands.Havent been to the Bell & Hare or Coach & horses so im up for new experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

The end of season sausage sizzle at the Coach & Horses before Liverpool game.
    Definately tips the scales for me !!
    MMMmmmmmmmmm

Great Idea. There will be a fair gang of us over for the weekend. We will be heading to the Bell n Hare beforehand I think and then the Irish Centre after and then back to Central London. We will have a few liverpool boys with us but they wont be too vocal etc so no worries there. We are meeting a few other STH's over there so the boozers were picked by them. Id hope to meet up along the way...

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Great Idea. There will be a fair gang of us over for the weekend. We will be heading to the Bell n Hare beforehand I think and then the Irish Centre after and then back to Central London. We will have a few liverpool boys with us but they wont be too vocal etc so no worries there. We are meeting a few other STH's over there so the boozers were picked by them. Id hope to meet up along the way...

Early meet in the Bell & Hare sounds best I think, then people can do what they want after the match (I'm sure there'll be some heading home).

What time does the B & H open doors on match days, I assume 11am?

Bell & Hare it is then,looking forward to a good day out.

• Advertisement

Early meet in the Bell & Hare sounds best I think, then people can do what they want after the match (I'm sure there'll be some heading home).

What time does the B & H open doors on match days, I assume 11am?

Not sure its 11 to be honest is it...I think its 12, can anyone else confirm ??

Advertisement