Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Removing Tints

Options
  • 09-01-2008 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

bought a 318 yesterday and the 4 side windows are tinted. i think they look tacky but i got a good deal on the car so i took it. Are they hard to remove? And does anyone know of anyplace that will remove them. Limerick area preferably.

Ta in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

It's probably cheap enough to have a tint company remove it for you.

I removed some myself- peel them off, use soapy water and a new stanley blade in a paint remover thingy and be patient. Stubborn gunge is removable with WD40. Back screen is a nightmare becasue of bad access but the rest is only a matter of taking your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭macpete

;)I removed the tint from a van and i used a hairdryer to heat the film,keep a gentle pull on the film as you heat. Worked out well for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,071 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

macpete wrote: »
    ;)I removed the tint from a van and i used a hairdryer to heat the film,keep a gentle pull on the film as you heat. Worked out well for me.

Seconded :)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭khmk

cheers lads. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah hiar dryer or heat gun is the best way aswell as a stanley blade for the residue. paint thinners will remove any sticky crap left behind,.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

cantdecide wrote: »
    It's probably cheap enough to have a tint company remove it for you.

I removed some myself- peel them off, use soapy water and a new stanley blade in a paint remover thingy and be patient. Stubborn gunge is removable with WD40. Back screen is a nightmare becasue of bad access but the rest is only a matter of taking your time.

Man you must luve to suffer lol

Advertisement