Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"3" problems or bad luck?

• 09-01-2008 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I bought a 3 pay as you go mobile on Sunday [Sony K530i]. Main reasons for moving to 3 was for Skype & decent mobile broadband connection on my phone.

Sunday:
    1. Power button on the phone was faulty
    2. Mobile internet not activated by the sales guy correctly so no internet

Monday:
    1. Replaced the handset in the 3 shop
    2. Can't activate mobile internet until handset is charged, must call back to sort it out

Tuesday:
    1. Finally get the activation text for mobile broadband, call sales guy, says it will be active within 24 hours, ends up taking 20 hours.
    2. Buy the 100MB broadband add-on but still can't access internet, being told I need to activate it again

My boyfreind bought the exact same phone on Saturday and has had no internet access and no msn/skype (which can operate without the internet activation step) since his old number moved over on sunday. While changing my first handset on monday, another customer was returning the same Sony handset being told that the lack of internet was down to the phone being faulty. So...

1. Is it a case of a dodgy Sony model causing the no internet woes???
    2. Is the "3" network just rubbish?

Advice needed, have 10 days left to get a full refund and I'm seriously considering it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Sounds like a bad batch of Sony's to me.

I know of four people who got 3 phones over the last few weeks and all went ok for them.
    (knowing that four people is not really a lot in the grand skeem of things...)

Advertisement