Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M3 on PistonHeads....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Ha! Good find....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Can't take credit for it unfortunately, detective work by the guys on BMWDriver

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Golden rule: NEVER buy a second hand performance car from an Irish person.

We have a great reputation for thrashing our cars around.

Reminds me of a youtube video of someone doing doughnuts in a Skyline.

He posted in the comments that the diff blew up a day after he sold it to the new owner.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Elessar wrote: »

Is it an Irish Reg car?

I am Irish and have to admit, my 06 GTi would be a great buy! If one were to consider a hot hatch a "performance car" (I'm not selling it)

I avoid ramps, its never been in a car wash (I wash and wax it myself), It is never reved when cold, it is red lined now and again (when hot), it is serviced when it needs it, oil and water constantly checked, It has only two or three scratches (I park miles from the shops in car parks) Its never been stolen, never been crashed, I carry the dogs in my wifes car :D. Not all Irish thrash their cars!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Id put good money on the fact that pics 2,3 and 4 in the piston heads add were taken in the same farmyard as 1st youtube video.

GOLDEN RULE: NEVER BUY A SECONDHAND PERFROMANCE CAR FROM A GOB****E!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

In that third video, going around the roundabout, he has his foglights on...

Should be arrested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Hahahhah excellent :)

Someone should e-mail him a link to this thread

I would, except um, im busy washing my hair tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

His Youtube handle is M3joe, if you attempt to e-mail via pistonheads you'll be e-mailing a Joe as well. That coupled with the farmyard images means it's viturally certain it's the same car!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

What a little scumbag...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

Elessar wrote: »

We have a great reputation for thrashing our cars around.

Bit of a difference between an Irish person selling a high performance car and a muppet.

If he had to fork out the price of a house deposit for his car he might treat it with a bit of respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

Please, buyer beware. If your in the market for a cheap performance car use your head and assume it's been driven hard or ragged

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

Exactly - someone who has a 2005 M3 and someone who has a 1995 M3 are two very different people... you can bet your life the newer one will be treated kinder but they're both high performance cars.

I drive a high performance car.. I can assure you it is treated like a child and I'm very much Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

lightening wrote: »
    Not all Irish thrash their cars!

No Irish are good at thrashing their wifes lol
    Mouaouaoauoaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

MarkN wrote: »
    I'm very much Irish.

Hell yeah hopefully this type of thing is not written in your DNA :-)

This is just called being young and stupid. If adrenaline is too high, definitely the car should be used on closed road/circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

a yellow reg M3 aswell !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Good find but I fail to see the problem.

The drifting vid suggests to me that the guy is a pretty good pilot and M Power engines are built to be used and to last. So long as the oil is kept fresh and warm I don't think the car should be any worse for it.

milltown wrote: »
    Good find but I fail to see the problem.

The drifting vid suggests to me that the guy is a pretty good pilot and M Power engines are built to be used and to last. So long as the oil is kept fresh and warm I don't think the car should be any worse for it.

It's the diff i'd be worried about

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Why?

With that much spinning going on the LSD will have locked up anyway so no wear due to slipping. Since traction has been broken the diff is subject to less load than it is under in normal driving. And unless Joe is good enough to manage changing up through the gears while he does his donuts, the wheel and shaft speeds are less than they would be on a leisurely spin up the motorway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

I spotted this car in a garage with its engine in pieces last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Tell us more, Andrew!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

It was up in Meath. I dont know anything as to why it was getting repaired, but it looked pretty serious with the engine out with the front stripped down a good bit. I just noticed it when I went to pick up my motor.

Advertisement