Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Went to view a dog kennel today.

Options
  • 09-01-2008 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Obviously we will not name it as I was not impressed. Smelly, cold sleeping areas and a run around pen with wood pallets lying about with nails sticking out of them.

Two hours to run around every day - if its fine? :eek:

OK it did have infra red lamps in the sleeping areas which they said they turn on at night - with stacks of newspapers on a shelf near it. :eek:

At €30 per night for my three dogs I know they would be horrified by the place.

I am going on holidays for a week or two soon and am thinking about kennels but now think I will leave them in the care of my dad - even though he is old he is still very active but unfortunately not a very good dog person and my babies like a lot of human interaction.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Name and Shame please. I will be going for a wekend break in a few months time and would like to know which kennels to avoid. Any recommendations would be good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Dont worry about slander, you are only speaking of your experience

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I was putting my dog into 1 while i was away on hols and it was a top standard 1 apparently but my vet reccommended that i leave them where they are so there less stressed, i got a family member to mind my house and he looked after the dogs and it cost me nothing! A ll good and my dogs where not stressed out-:D :):)

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

I think I would need the nod from the mods here before I could name & shame.

They had some good points too though - will feed your dog the food its used to - in my case Burn's and .... well that's about it really. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Maybe it might be a good thing for the dogs.

They'll learn to appreciate you more on your return!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I am fine with saying which kennel it is - it would be very good to get a list going & do the pros & cons so as you say con: cold, unsafe, not enough exercise. Pro: will feed what the dog is used to.

If you pm me the full details we can get a list started etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

personally, from exp, i wouldnt see a problem with a person stating their personal exp and opinions of a business on a public forum.

Mind you im sure the staff know more about whats best for the forum and not me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭cyborg

I have used the kennels in abbeyfeale and found them excellent
    http://www.abbeyfealeboardingkennels.com/
    Extremely clean and very attentive owners, highly recommended.
    Now if someone could recommend one in the Limerick city area I would be grateful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Yes I have heard a lot of good things about Abbeyfeale - must visit them next. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭laurynsmam

i have used athboy kennels and found them absolutely brilliant. I was so nervous leaving my little man cos he was only 6 months old and has a bit of a problem with other dogs but they were great. And they can collect and drop back home also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement