Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jury Duty

• 09-01-2008 4:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong forum but I wasn't sure where else to ask.

I was away living in the states for four years, I was living at home and then in digs for college before I went and I was registered to vote in North Tipp were my parents lived. I came back to live in Dublin for a year then got a great job in kilkenny and been living there for the past 18 months. I registered to vote in Kilkenny [never got round to it in Dublin]. The person who moved into my flat in Dublin is a friend so he lets me know if any mail turns up at that address for me. He rang the other day to say there was a letter for me that looked official. I asked him to open and read it over the phone to me and it was s summons to jury duty.

I'm very confused as to why it was sent to that address, do they not summon people for jury duty off the voters list or do they use something else? Who should I be contacting to have the address changed? Also If I'm now living in Kilkenny would I still be expected to attend jury duty in dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Make sure you send them a registered letter back to say you no longer live in Dublin. They will not expect you to serve it if you dont live in Dublin. I dont know where they get the lists from but I imagine it is voter records.

Advertisement