Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Water inside audi a4

Options
  • 09-01-2008 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi

I have a 1998 audi a4 and under the drivers seat gets wet anytime it rains (which means it wet all the time which is most annoying because it smells and fogs up the windscreen). I've checked out the standard causes such as the drains from the battery bay etc. but none seem to have solved the problem, although the drivers side bung was clogged.

Anyone have any ideas on how it's getting in?

P.S. it definitely seems to be gettin "down" into the car as opposed to coming from the underside as it even gets wet when the car is parked

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Could it be draining via a window seal or through the door seals?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Check the pollen filter housing. If the cover was not replaced correctly there is a good chance that it will leak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Probably a door seal, they are renound for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

crosstownk wrote: »
    Check the pollen filter housing. If the cover was not replaced correctly there is a good chance that it will leak.

I was thinking the same as this is a very common problem among VAG cars. Pollen filter is located behind the glove box afaik.

It's a good place to start anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Carried out any work to the door(s) on the side that the leak is occuring on? I fitted door speakers to my hatchback before and ended up loosening a plastic weather seal....rain water getting in at the bottom of the window where it meets the exterior seal was running down the metal surface and out the bottom of the interior card trim, creeping along the floorpan (under the carpet) and pooling in the footwell. Took me a while to put right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Had the same problem with a passat and it was coming in through the section where the bonnet release cable comes into the car - had to silicone it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sof

I'll check 'em out. don't think its the pollen filter though, i looked at that alreadya nd everything seemed to be in order. hope it's not the door.....sounds messy. thanks for the ideas :D

Advertisement