Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

insurance write off

Options
  • 09-01-2008 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

:confused:I crashed my car last Thurs, which I purchased last January for €32,500 cash price, retail price €35,000. I am waiting on the accessor to have a look at it. The Grage that has the car at the moment says that they think it's a write off.. Does this mean that I will only get the book value of the car which is approximately €28,000..or am I entitled to the market price. Also is the salvage taken way or added.
    nats

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Book value I think. If this is paid out the salvage rights become the insurers.

Bad luck on your crash btw. Hope any people involved are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

If you're insured comprehensively and the car is less than a year old (cutting it tight but check your dates), you may get a brand new replacement (same make and model), depending on your insurer. Even if someone else is at fault, put the claim through your insurers and allow your insurer persue costs from the other party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 natsdunne

I think I got it in or around the second week in January last year. I am comprehensively covered with AIG so I will just have to wait and see what the assessor says tomorrow, just hope i'm not too much out of pocket.... No one esle was involved, just little ol' me, my car, a corner and a leaky drain and some ice.. No major injuries though, the car took all the damage, it's a heavy car thank goodness.

Advertisement