Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wonder what this baby is worth?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

Thats the pre-facelift 156. Stopped selling those in December 2003, so its been lying around for at least 4 years, clocking up about 150 miles/year.

Dont know what its worth now, but if its not registered before July it'd wana be very cheap...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,057 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

actually only 64 miles on it ;)

and its not a 156 its a 156 gta (like the e46 bmw m3 wasnt ever facelifted with the rest of the range), the last alfa produced 3.2v6, savage sounding engine

ive seen 04 gtas about definately, maybe 05s not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

mvpr wrote: »
    Thats the pre-facelift 156. Stopped selling those in December 2003, so its been lying around for at least 4 years, clocking up about 150 miles/year.

The GTA never got the facelift but it would be worth checking out the year of manufacture. Someone posted a link here before where you could enter a chassis number and it would return the manufacturer, country of manufacture, year of manufacture and some more information, could be worth doing a search for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Cyrus wrote: »
    actually only 64 miles on it ;)
    664 I think from this pic
    donohoes156Nou939.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

I rang the dealer about it, he is looking for near €50k for it :eek:, the car itself is 2004 and has been in storage for 4 years

way overpriced IMO, when you consider a 2005 3.2 GT sold off carzone this week for €25k

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

way too much money for a fiat..................sorry Alfa.
    you could get a porshe for that kinda cash.......

siralfalot wrote: »
    I rang the dealer about it, he is looking for near €50k for it :eek:, the car itself is 2004 and has been in storage for 4 years

way overpriced IMO, when you consider a 2005 3.2 GT sold off carzone this week for €25k

sorry though there was a dot on the 66 making it 66.4 doh!

50k, thats a joke :mad: id pay 30 myself i think, have been looking at the 3.2gts, nearly cheaper here than in the uk :confused::eek:

any need for that? you can get a porsche for 30k if you want, whats your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

Cyrus wrote: »
    sorry though there was a dot on the 66 making it 66.4 doh!

50k, thats a joke :mad: id pay 30 myself i think, have been looking at the 3.2gts, nearly cheaper here than in the uk :confused::eek:

I agree, I would pay no more than €35k for it :mad:

Yawn................... change the record

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

OT and I'm sure theres a good reason for it but POA pisses me off. Anytime I've been looking for cars I generally skip by them. Obviously something like this is a specific car but its the same on a lot of other cars (theres 111 corollas with POA, why???)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Stekelly wrote: »
    OT and I'm sure theres a good reason for it but POA pisses me

We should all ring at the same time asking the price! Might make him put the price on the ad next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

you can buy top spec 2008 156 selespeed's in england and bring em home for 24K (including vrt) so that seems a bit pricy to me! obviously thought it would be a classic and he is sheeting bricks now with the new vrt!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

deegs wrote: »
    you can buy top spec 2008 156 selespeed's in england and bring em home for 24K (including vrt) so that seems a bit pricy to me! obviously thought it would be a classic and he is sheeting bricks now with the new vrt!
    Don't you mean the 159? Alfa stopped making the 156 in 2006
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_156

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Yawn................... change the record[/quote]

ohhhh dear, Siral left their sense of humour at home today.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

Dont know what its worth now, but if its not registered before July it'd wana be very cheap...

Apologies for the facelift error.

Would you not be better off buying one thats been driven a bit over the past few years. Surely the tyres/brakes etc would all need changing.

Also, that engine warning light in the picture above would worry anyone about to pay out E50k...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Anyone who'd pay anything remotely like €50k for a car like that, sitting on blocks(!) for 4 years would need urgent medical attention. Alfas depreciate badly at the best of times, but that would be akin to setting fire to your wallet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Also, that engine warning light in the picture above would worry anyone about to pay out E50k...

Why should it? If the keys were just put into the ignition so that we could see how many miles were on the clock, there is nothing to worry about. Lights like that always come on before the car is started. Of course once the car has started it should go off and remain off within a couple of seconds:).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I can see this car going back to NVD in baldonnell and getting crushed. Fiat can then write the cost of production off against tax. happened recently on brand new old shape Puntos and Stilos left lying around for years.
    Can't imagine that donohoes had it in stock for 4 years, probably being offered a massive rebate from AR Ireland to register it.

zing wrote: »
    the car will be 08 reg if it gets registered though. that is actually worth something (granted, not the price differential asked here!)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

siralfalot wrote: »

At that price it looks like it will be in storage for another 4 years and then some.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Surely it'll need a bit of work due to being left lying around so long? Timing belt, tyres, oil, brake/ps fluid etc. would all need to be done IMO. I wouldn't want to be driving around in that car without getting at least those things done.

Crazy crazy money. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It could also be outside manufacturers warranty.

I know that sounds wrong, but the manufacturers warranty to the distributor starts when the car leaves the factory. I know of one distributor (not the one I sell in case anyone's wondering!) which buys a 4 year warranty from the manufacturer and offers 3 years to customers, as long as the car isn't sitting in a compound for a year then everything's ok, after that and the distributor's paying out any claims themselves.

Not sure if Fiat warranty works that way

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Any one else here drove one of these ?

Holy crap they are quick - proper quick, but they have a real problem putting the power down.

Dunno what that one is worth though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

If it doesn't come with a 10 year warranty I wouldn't touch it at that price TBH.

I've done the Alfa owner thing, eventually the reliability side of the equation sh*ts on the driver side and you move on to something that's put together properly. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I can see this car going back to NVD in baldonnell and getting crushed.

Sounds good to me, that's where they should all go as far as I'm concerned:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Ah now, anybody that would take pleasure in that 156 GTA being scrapped is not a car enthusiast. I should ban you for blasphemy!

€50k is taking the mick, but €35k plus a good warranty should tempt people, shouldn't it?
    Stekelly wrote: »
    POA pisses me off

Yeah, hate that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

unkel wrote: »
    Ah now, anybody that would take pleasure in that 156 GTA being scrapped is not a car enthusiast. I should ban you for blasphemy!

well said Unkel - particularly anyone who ever heard a v6 alfa ! they should all be saved at any cost ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Is there a chance this has been kept as a track day car ? In storage most of the year and then gets thrown around mondello or somewhere once or twice a year ? Mileage just don't tally with what you'd expect on a typical demo car plus it's never been reg'd - of course it could legitimately have done those miles on a garage plate. Guess there's no real way of telling apart from tyre wear and there's a good chance it's had a new set put on it anyway.

Maybe I'm just been overly suspicous here but why would anyone spend that much on an alfa and keep it in storage for that long ? You could argue the whole thing of beauty angle but it's hardly a sound investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Don't you mean the 159? Alfa stopped making the 156 in 2006
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_156

I mean 156, but you can still pick them up unregistered for half list price

• Advertisement
Advertisement