Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any wired car-kits for the Nokia E51?

Options
  • 09-01-2008 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I remember the good old days when Nokia had the CARK-91 car kit. I used the 6310i in the kit. It was perfect. It was:
    • Handsfree (proper installation)
    • Charged the phone
    • Easy to slot in and out and was held safely
    • Bullet-proof

It was the same for the CARK-126 and Nokia 6230i, with the added advantage of pop-port. I've been looking around for a new phone lately and decided on the Nokia E51, because it did everything I needed it to do and was compact, stable and has a good battery life. Before I got the phone, I realised that much to my disappointment that:
    • Nokia do not provide pop-port connectivity on the handset (Mini USB is way they're now going) and
    • Nokia are not providing a wired cradle to connect the handset to Nokia CK-7W bluetooth car kit (that I currently have)

Bluetooth connectivity is fine, but it doesn't charge the phone and having the bluetooth radio on uses more power than normal. Have Nokia stopped making the inter-changable cradles for their handsets or is this only for certain handsets?

Now I'm using the using the CK-7W via bluetooth with the generic Nokia cradle (no wires) and have to manually plug the charger cable into the handset (not as convenient as in the past)

Are there any good quality car kits that tick all the boxes above, but for the E51? I'm looking for something that's:
    • Handsfree (proper loudspeaker & microphone)
    • Charges the phone
    • Easy to slot in and out and held safely
    • Nothing to plug-in and out except the handset

It's probably a long shot but just thought I'd ask

Rant over :)

Thanks,
    DC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

Thread resurrection !

I too am looking for a cradle for a Nokia E51. Have a cradle in the car that worked on older Nokia models and would love to use the same hardware if there is a cradle of adapter for the E51.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

All you have to do, is take anyway the current cradle, (one screw) put the new cradle in its place, and away you go. You will need to get a 12v cigarette charger.

Just confirm your kit has bluetooth first, only the real old ones dont have bluetooth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Tiger-Lily

You have 2 options really.

1 - you could get a THB Bury System 8 kit with an E51 cradle to replace your current kit. The only thing with this though is sometimes people think the volume is not as good as the speaker that comes with Nokia kits.

2- If you are happy with the current volume of your kit you could get a THB Bury System 9 cradle which attaches to a base plate and literally holds and charges your phone. Your phone would still connect to your existing kit vie bluetooth.

Both would have to be installed professionally.

Hope this info helps

Advertisement