Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost to fix a leaking roof?

Options
  • 09-01-2008 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭

Reckon I have a leaking roof and was wondering if someone could give me a ballpark figure as to how much it might cost to get it fixed?

It's not an old house, about 15-20 years old, and it's a mid-terrace house with a slate roof. I reckon one of the tiles needs to be replaced but would like to have an idea of cost before I call someone out.

Thanks in advance.

B

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Can you go into the attic space, look for the leak, take a pic or 2 and be more specific about the scale of the problem. You say it is a leaking roof, could it be from your cold water tank?

I reckon 250 should get u a good way for a small repair but you need to be careful who you get as some of them do more damage than they repair.

You also need to check for their insurance as if they fall off on your property....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i had small leak during the summer. the guy replace 6/8 slates and charged me €200.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

ircoha wrote: »
    could it be from your cold water tank?
    It's definitely not from the plumbing because of the location of the leak and I also work in the plumbing trade so it was the first thing I checked.

ircoha wrote: »
    You also need to check for their insurance as if they fall off on your property....
    Will do, but I'll make sure that I go to a reputable company.

irishbird wrote: »
    i had small leak during the summer. the guy replace 6/8 slates and charged me €200.00.
    Cheers for that. I just wanted to get an idea of costs before I called someone out.

Just out of interest, did it take long to do the work?

Advertisement