Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cold room

Options
  • 09-01-2008 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi all, just wondering if any one could help, if live in a new house (18 months old), its timber framed and generally retians heat brilliantly except for one room, this room is block construction(it was originally designed to be a garage, but was adapted to be another room just like all the other houses in my estate) and is very cold.
    The esb, tv and phone access points are on the external wall of one of the walls in this room, you know the ones with the white plastic doors covereing them. Upon opening them up i noticed there is big holes where the pipes and cabling are entering the wall. Could this be causing the extreme coldness and could i fill these holes with say no more big gaps, etc. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭plasto

is it insulated? maybe the floor has no insulation under the concrete, common in garages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 JBCFord

To help us to respond better can you tell us more about the finish of the room
    Walls are they dabbed or battened thickness of batten thickness of insulation/type
    How many windows /doors what type and where are they leading to
    Ceiling and what’s above
    Floor covering
    Ventilation
    Regards jbcford

Advertisement