Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Landcruiser

Options
  • 09-01-2008 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was looking for some advice/help. Looking to buy a Landcruiser around the 1999-2001 age, something that we're not afraid to bring down the fields but at the same time something that you could still go to Church on a Sunday morning with!!

Being looking at some on Autotrader in the north and came across the following:
    http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/113744/midway.htm
    on page 3 theres a Landcruiser - is there a way of telling its a Japanese import, the square number plate on the front caught my attention but any other tell tale signs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

That doesn't look japanese. Japs say TX on the back usually*. They also have a mirror on the left wing at bonnet level.

*edit - UK models usually say GX. This one says "Colorado". Have seen that before but not sure if it's UK or Jap. This car also has two batteries which wouldn't be usual for UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭quickstitch.ie

can I interest you in a '98 Commercial good sir?! :D

I'm thinking of selling my '01 commercial soon too. I don't think that fits the bill for driving to mass though. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭quickstitch.ie

Whaddya mean!? I could be delivering the holy water and wafers or something! Great space for gallons of sacremental wine! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

HotRodDub wrote: »
    http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/113744/midway.htm
    on page 3 theres a Landcruiser - is there a way of telling its a Japanese import, the square number plate on the front caught my attention but any other tell tale signs?

Jap imports have the speedo in kph, UK imports would have the speedo in mph. Also it describes it as a Landcruiser Colorado which was the name used for this model in the UK.

Of course a HPI check would probably confirm it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

looks like a Colorado, seats look right. Jap ones are different. looks ok.

speedo and badges can and are regularly swapped. this one looks the genuine article though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭HotRodDub

Thanks everyone, I suppose I could always phone the place selling it, but yes if I was there in person the battery and speedo would tell the story as well as any Japanese writing on the identification plate ;-)

Thanks for the offers of commerical's but we're after a passenger jeep, that will serve both purposes, fresh enough to bring the family around in and also something that we wont mind putting marks on when taking down the fields.

Cheers!

Also, wouldn't a Jap normally be Auto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

Jap imports don't have the additional tail lights in the rear bumper. All the tail lights are in the clusters in the rear quater panel. Some stupid EU law is the reason for the extra lights in the rear bumper when the spare wheel is mounted in the back door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

I'd say its a UK original, AFAIK they were called Prado everywhere else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement