Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs and societies Balbriggan

• 09-01-2008 5:10pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I find it is hard to find out about these things sometimes.

I know stuff goes on in glebe north or dwyers and the combined clubs and sports hall (possibley the wrong name) but very little detail about it.

So any suggestions of anything others maybe interested in?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Balbriggan Badminton Club plays in the combined clubs hall every Monday at 8.30. New members are always welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Set Dancing in O'Dwyers Monday night, Glebe North wednesday night, Cricket Club Balrothery Thurs Night. All at approx 8.30.

Informal Irish conversation group meets every Friday night in the Lobby in the Bracken Court at 8.30ish. A conversation group more suited to beginners/improvers meets same place Monday at about 8. Also Irish classes in the Library on Wednesday nights

For info on whats going on in Balbriggan ( and North County in General) buy the Fingal Independent. Maybe some of the community notices are out of date but the contact details are probably right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

You should also keep a close eye on the notice boards in the Library as they tend to be very up to date with the goings-on in the town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I find it is hard to find out about these things sometimes.

I know stuff goes on in glebe north or dwyers and the combined clubs and sports hall (possibley the wrong name) but very little detail about it.

So any suggestions of anything others maybe interested in?

i run the O'Dwyers website - http://www.odwyersgaa.com

What exactly are you looking for? We run, as wow sierra posted, set dancing on a monday and there is music lessons on other days of the week.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I haven't been to the Irish conversation group on Fridays in ages,I should make an effort to get back to it.
    The badminton is good fun.

As for the music in O'Dwyers I did try to get involved and turned up when I was told to etc to be told it was full,I may attempt to give it a go for another instrument on another night.

Generally ,I just thought it would be handy for people to post about stuff here as people are always asking me what is there to do and get involved in in Balbriggan.

• Advertisement

Moonbeam, do you play badminton still? Our paths may have crossed in the past...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We only went down a few(5/6) times but I enjoyed it.

I bought a few other people with me too,5 one of the nights and 3/4 the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Here's a link to a directory that was compiled fairly recently:
    http://www.balbriggan.net/pdfs/Balbriggan%20Directory-printed%20version.pdf

Blastman, you still play badminton?

Not any more, though I invited myself to their Christmas drinks!

Advertisement