Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make mp3 out of vinyl

• 09-01-2008 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know where I can get one vinyl 12" converted to a digital file/ cd in dublin city centre? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭hammy140

Dude, you can do it fairly easily yourself if you have a desktop pc, and a record player / turntable and mixer.

Get lead that has two phono plugs to line in (looks like headphone plug). Hook up mixer to pc via line in (line in socket should be next to headphone and mic inputs on pc), set vinyl to below 0 decibals (so no distortion on your recording, use mixer volume).

Next download a copy of music match jukebox player(http://oldapps.com/MusicMatch_Jukebox.htm), go into options, set source as line in, now you'll hear your vinyl playing over the pc speakers if set up properly. Hit record, set your file name and location, hit play on the vinyl and there it is, press stop on pc when mp3 recording is finished.

Couple of years back, when I switched from vinyl to cd djing, i put LOADS of vinyl onto cd over the years using the above method on an old pc desktop I have. The cds still play perfectly!

David

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

www.audacity.com is also a good program for doing that.

However if it were me I'd just use ares or soulseek and download them - a lot easier. And really if you own the Vinyl already I don't see the legal/moral issues in downloading a song you've already paid for...

Advertisement