Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in Criminology

• 09-01-2008 6:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

Anyone studied or currently studying the DIT Masters in Criminology. It looks like an interesting course and I was considering applying.

I was wondering what kind of people are on the course at the moment and what benefit you would get out of it in relation to career prospects?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Interesting, I'd be interested in this too...wasn't even aware such courses existed in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Lipperes

Hi, i'm also really interested in this course.
    I was wondering if anyone has done it, how did they find the workload? Would it be tough going to have a full time job aswell ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BJ Girl

Hi!

My friend is doing that Masters and it seems manageable. Shes not working but she says there are alot of mature students who are working fulltime so it can be done! There are Gaurds, Social Workers and Solicitors in her class.
    There was one exam about a week ago (10th Jan) and an essay as well. Before Christmas there were two essays and a presentation on what your thesis topic is.
    It really does sound interesting alright and she loves it, I wish I applied for it as well!!
    Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 zerocoolio

hihi.I did my MA (Criminology) in London.A very interesting subject but no chance of a job in that area in Ireland.Those on the course in DIT are either already working or will prob go on to do a PhD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

Just thought that i'd mention that UCD are offering a masters programme in criminology this year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 frosty1989

starting criminology in dit 1 year masters degree. just wondering if anyone has done it and is there many jobs available in Ireland in this area?

Advertisement