Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's The Beef?

• 09-01-2008 6:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,997 ✭✭✭✭

Folks,

I'm going to be having some noodles with peppers, onion, mushrooms and soy sauce. I usually have this with chicken but I wouldn't mind having it with some beef.

So what beef do I need to get from the butcher that I can cut into strips and fry before throwing everything into the wok?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I usually just ask my butcher for some beef for a stir fry, he points me in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

For a beef stir-fry I always go for fillet steak as it's very tender and I don't like finishing my dinner with aching jaw muscles.

If your budget doesn't stretch to fillet then striploin or sirloin would be the next best. Cut the strips across the grain and you'll get nice tender slices of meat.

Don't get round or rib steak - they need to be cooked for longer than a stir-fry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,997 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Thanks for that liamo, fillet it is so!

Advertisement