Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband and phone package cost too much...

Options
  • 09-01-2008 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi All, have a quick question... I switched back from Utv to eircom a few months back as they appeared to be a better deal, but bill came in today for 2 months for 185, the only service I really use is the internet 2mb line, but I've noticed that I'm not using the land line at all almost, I run my home business through the line so I'd have to hold on to it, everyone has their mobiles now and don't use the land line hardly!
    I'm sure there must be a cheaper equiv broadband line, and to get a basic phone line package from a diff provider must work out cheaper...anyone have the same issue, or can anyone reccomend a solution?! Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Try the bundles -
    2mb plus Unlimited local/national off peak - 55 per month
    2mb plus unlimited anytime - 60 per month

Still dear - but not as dear as 185 for 2 months!
    Best rule with landlines is not to ring mobiles!

Not sure there are any DSL providers out there that give a serious alternative to Eircom - only Smart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

but I've noticed that I'm not using the land line at all almost
    If you're not using the phone, then how could the bill be 185 for 2 months? Line rental is 25 x2 = 50, 2M BB is 30 x2 = 60, so that's 110 in total. Did you make 75 euro worth of phone calls? I'd not call that "not using the land line at all". If not on calls, where is the other 75 euro? There must be details on the bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭quickstitch.ie

Yep upon further examination, the mobile calls are a killer... 13.70 for 12 vodafone calls... yikes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

bit of an offtopic but I didnt see the need to start a new thread.

Im currently a Talktime Basic and Home starter bb customer and im wanting to move to one of the bundles as they seem much cheaper..
    On the Eircom website there is an option for "Existing eircom broadband & talktime customers opt-in to bundled offer"
    You just fill in your details and click opt in.. which i did.
    It said the new bundle would be applied in the next 7 days.
    The part that confuses me is that there are a number of different bundles available. Which one will they move me to? Are there equivalents or??
    I thought it would have given me a choice..

Thanks

Advertisement