Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First good Pictures of All new Skoda Superb

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

yes, not bad at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Looks like a VW Jetta from that angle, which is not good.

Whatever happened to VAG's plan by Burnt Fishtrousers ok ok Bernd Pischetrieder was his real name which included restricting Skoda to just the Fabia and Octavia?

Martin Winterkorn mustn't have liked that plan evidently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Looks Supurb.

Ya, ya, I'll get me coat

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Do theose wheels look familiar to anyone else??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Pussies car.

• Advertisement

mick.fr wrote: »
    Pussies car.

I've missed you, mick.fr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

Looks good, but the average 1.9tdi taxi wont have any of the ancilliaries that are on that car.

Fan of the Superb though I must say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

cantdecide wrote: »
    I've missed you, mick.fr

Well, what I meant exactly actually is more that this car has no personality.
    For me you have to drive that reflects your personality, but with this type of car, I do not see any. It is like a Ford Mondeon, or a Peugeot 406, 407, Citroen etc...
    I can't believe I wrote Peugeot and Citroen, OH, I did it again....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Well, what I meant exactly actually is more that this car has no personality.
    For me you have to drive that reflects your personality, but with this type of car, I do not see any. It is like a Ford Mondeon, or a Peugeot 406, 407, Citroen etc...
    I can't believe I wrote Peugeot and Citroen, OH, I did it again....

Or a BM?

...what I meant exactly...

Thanks for clarifying;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Looks like a Saab.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

DonJose wrote: »
    Looks like a Saab.

Bang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the rear lights from the side are very 9-5, also a bit Phaeton. front lights are also reminding me of the Saab, but also of the Fabia, not bad looking, Audi and VW have done a lot blander in the last few years

Those wheels are very like the "machined" wheels you can get in a Ford!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

I have no objections to skoda's at all, actually I quite liked the old superb and the old fabia looks wise............I just dont know about the new look grill thats on the fabia and now the superb............I cant really place what I dont like about it, bit formal looking or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Looks fine. Better than the current Passat - unlike the current Superb which just always just got lost in the crowd as too B5 Passat lookalike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭fabsoul

Sandwich wrote: »
    Looks fine. Better than the current Passat -

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I think it looks great and i'm sure the interior w'ont disappoint(apparently like a passat which is no bad thing)I'm slightly disapointed with the diesel choice.I previously thought that it would be 2.0TDI only with various power outputs, 120, 140 and 170.However according to skoda's website the base engine will be the same 1.9TDI as the passat.This was a great engine in its day but it is now one of the weak links in the vw group.I hear that the audi A4 is getting the 2.0TDI in the power outputs mentioned above. As far as i know these are now common rail rather than PD.It remains to be clear if the 1.9TDI in the new superb will also be common rail.Any thoughts?????

Zonda999 wrote: »
    I think it looks great and i'm sure the interior w'ont disappoint(apparently like a passat which is no bad thing)I'm slightly disapointed with the diesel choice.I previously thought that it would be 2.0TDI only with various power outputs, 120, 140 and 170.However according to skoda's website the base engine will be the same 1.9TDI as the passat.This was a great engine in its day but it is now one of the weak links in the vw group.I hear that the audi A4 is getting the 2.0TDI in the power outputs mentioned above. As far as i know these are now common rail rather than PD.It remains to be clear if the 1.9TDI in the new superb will also be common rail.Any thoughts?????

VAG don't seem to like putting the most up to date engines in Skodas or Seats. There aren't any Seats with the new 1.4 and 1.8 TFSI engines around the place you'll notice.Though Skoda do offer you the 1.8 TFSI now.

The 1.9 would be the PD engine, the new A4 has the new common rail diesels and is the only VAG car with them so far. Oddly enough the VW Tiguan which only just came out has the older PD type diesels too.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

I love my May 2005 Superb — 1.9 litre 140bhp diesel automatic with cruise control and all the other amenities. I'm just going to wait for the new 2 litre DSG. But I wish they would make an estate; that would be my perfect car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Well I'm not a taxi driver so I wont be making a purchase. Looks nice but in some ways like everything else on the road. Too Saab like I think..

Michael G wrote: »
    I love my May 2005 Superb — 1.9 litre 140bhp diesel automatic with cruise control and all the other amenities. I'm just going to wait for the new 2 litre DSG. But I wish they would make an estate; that would be my perfect car

Amazingly, there are indeed plans for an estate model superb.I remember reading it somewhere.D'ont hold your breath though.I reckon it wont get here until the start of 2009 at the earliest

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/228962/

They say so here

Dunno if everyone knows it's now a hatchback?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I'd buy one before I'd buy a VW anyway but that said Skoda still has a poverty image attached to it as far as I'm concerned. If I wasn't into cars and wanted something to get from A to B or to use as a taxi I'd buy one.

junkyard wrote: »
    If I wasn't into cars and wanted something to get from A to B or to use as a taxi I'd buy one.
    And not a Vel Satis?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not gone on the hatchback that looks like a saloon concept myself. Will be interesting the see what price range it comes in at.

Also are the new EuroV emmissions regulations going to put the old 1.9 TDi to rest over the next few years?

Definately, I still cant figure out how it got through Euro IV.When is EuroV going to come into effect anyway?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    TBH if anybody (not you that is :))says to me "But Skoda`s crap" or any of the usual rubbish they obviously know little or nothing about cars. Id had a Fabia for a while and I loved it, a far better car than a Polo.
    I'm not saying they're crap it's just they've got an image problem. By all accounts they're a superior car to a VW..........not that that's a hard thing:).

Are you selling one of those Renaults Colm? I have a friend with a crusher who'd love to rid the planet of another one of them:D.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

junkyard wrote: »
    Are you selling one of those Renaults Colm? I have a friend with a crusher who'd love to rid the planet of another one of them:D.
    LOL - you secretly want to get rid of the M5 and get yourself a new 308!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Quite like it. It looks very substantial. Half way between the Passat and the Phaeton?

Advertisement