Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First good Pictures of All new Skoda Superb

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

But will it be the same great value for money as the current one?
    i.e. Will it depreciate heavily (for no other reason than peoples badge snobbery) and give a fantastic value used car option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Michael G wrote: »
    I love my May 2005 Superb — 1.9 litre 140bhp diesel automatic with cruise control and all the other amenities. I'm just going to wait for the new 2 litre DSG. But I wish they would make an estate; that would be my perfect car

I would say your Superb is a 130bhp unit, the 140 is 2 litre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

Its huge. Octavia too small and superb too big. Anything in between?
    9080109.002.Mini3L.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

A junker. A poor man's Passat.

(Reaches for coat) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Ice_Box wrote: »
    Its huge. Octavia too small and superb too big. Anything in between?

The Octavia Combi Scout:
    skoda_octavia_scout_front.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Looks fine for what it is, if that's what you want. Hardly going to evoke a passionate response though, is it?

I think junkyard's point is right; Skoda's image has gone from
    "Skoda, they're crap"
    to
    "Honestly, its as good as a VW, only cheaper"
    ...bit like the Beamish of the motoring world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

Its a nice car. But take the aerial off it. I guess it will be sold in China as a Volkswagen Passat. I wonder will there be an Estate version this time? The present Superb had initially a very nice Concept Coupe which never made production.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The current Passat is being sold in China.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

As are several previous generations alongside it :D

That Skoda looks alright, except for the usual fugly Skoda grille.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Isn't the Volkswagen Santana, which is sold in China, a mid 80s Passat(I think it's the B3 Passat actually come to think of it)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The Santana is a B2 passat afaik. There's a Santana 2000 and 3000 also which are based on later models, although I think they might have been ventos or something. More recent ones (i.e. the ones that started appearing here around 1997) are badged as Passat in China. They still sell the Santana and Santana 3000 alongside the newer ones. Practically every taxi in china is a santana!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The current Passat is sold in china as the Matogan, and they also sell the Passat Lingyu
    1.jpg
    pretty much a Skoda Superb

They also sold the old 80's Jetta and grafted a Passat front end onto it:
    FAWVWJetta1999vose.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭return guide

The first good pics of the all new skoda superb have been released today.Looking good to reach ireland by august.Looks to have same engines as passat.

Any update on the release date

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

A junker. A poor man's Passat.

(Reaches for coat) :D

Or, or......

Thinking Man's Passat.

or,

The Passat is the un-thinking man's Superb..........:confused:

oh, btw - +1 on it. I think it looks good. As for Bernd's plans to do/not do, remember this is the guy who sees no prob in burying millions into

a) Phaeton - daft
    b) Veyron - wise choice, sir...... :))

So, clearly, his vision is.............clouded??

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭octyvrs

The first good pics of the all new skoda superb have been released today.Looking good to reach ireland by august.Looks to have same engines as passat.

Any update on the release date

any links?....

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

Biro wrote: »
    I would say your Superb is a 130bhp unit, the 140 is 2 litre.
    You're right. Sorry, careless typing late at night. I'm hoping I can get a 140bhp in the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Anyone who thinks a Skoda is a junker needs their head checked or shut up about cars. They're about the best European car in any survey anyone on a normal budget can buy. No doubt a Merc S500 AMG or BMW M5 has a good bit of an edge on them but you'll be buying the new Superb for less than the cost of the first year's depreciation on any of the top prestige brands and I bet you my last penny it will be a relaible and comfortable quality car. As for anything out of the PSA stable, having owned one of their exploits has cured me for life of owning anything French with an engine in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

The new superb was offcially launched today at geneva.Lookin good and the 1.4 tsi should be great for this country.More here

http://new.skoda-auto.com/COM/Pages/Home.aspx

Advertisement