Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows XP Service pack 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,525 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Anyone have experience of XP SP3?
    It's RC here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=75ed934c-8423-4386-ad98-36b124a720aa&displaylang=en#Overview

A taxi driver told me it is faster than before....
    Though until now I expected Mickeysoft to slow down XP in order to sell vista...My computer is slow... I must upgrade to vista!

its just a bunc of security updates and fixes no real thing in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Your taxi driver is working on the wrong place lol.
    Yeah Microsoft has optimized XP by making it roughly 10% faster.
    Many people are delighted about this. There has been many articles on the web.
    I do not know how they achieved this, but this is definitely a new feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

A
    A taxi driver told me it is faster than before....

This should be moved to AfterHours just to show THEM that Taxi drivers DO know everything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I'm using the RC for the past 2-3 weeks. Didn't notice any changes TBH... In fact, my PC has been acting strange since installing this RC so I'm going to format and wait for the final version to be released... I loves formatting I do! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

I have been told (not actually checked myself) to benefit from the optimization you need to do a fresh install of XP with SP3. Apparantly it's something to do with how your drivers are loaded and needs to be installed first.

• Advertisement
Advertisement