Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 535d Sport

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 RonanPJ

Yes email??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

P.M. sent.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

You wouldnt happen to use the eastlink toll bridge in Dublin would ya? :)

If so, pulled up behind ya one day and couldnt take my eyes off that car.. what a f*ckin stunning car.. *drool*.. :D

I want one!!!!! :p

Tox

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

put some pics up here, you may find somebody thats intrested. (i was in joe duffys the other day looking at 2nd hand 530D, was trading in an X5)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

535d are a beautiful car, they have it all, looks, comfort, space, economical, and especially speed!

Jeremy Clarkson claims that the "bmw 535d is the fastest diesel on the planet!"

If I had the money I know what would be sitting outside my house!!

Probably the 3rd fastest.. given that the 335d would be lighter, and the A8 4.2 TDi is quicker, but that's not the point...
    The point is that €35k is an excellent price for an excellent car. You should sell it privately with not too much hassle, but be careful of test drivers and time wasters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

For 35k you'll sell it no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

For 35k - I'd buy it! But TBH you will get a lot more than this in a private sale - I'd say you even get more for a trade-in!! Good luck with the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

@35k it's a steal. I'd buy it meself if I had the moneys :)

If I could condone the tax/insurance and it was a straight car, i'd buy it in the morning tbh. I'd love a 3.5d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Its a 3.0 twin turbo.

• Advertisement

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    You wouldnt happen to use the eastlink toll bridge in Dublin would ya? :)

If so, pulled up behind ya one day and couldnt take my eyes off that car.. what a f*ckin stunning car.. *drool*.. :D

I want one!!!!! :p

Tox

You'd have hardly seen me at the east link id be going through it that fast!
    Cant toll wont toll!! :D

Sorry guys,

just said to my mate there about everyone saying it is so cheap and he asked me did i not know that you guys have to pay vrt?? I live in northern ireland and wouldnt be familiar with car sales, so didnt realise....

Anyway sorry all........

RonanPJ wrote: »
    Sorry guys,

just said to my mate there about everyone saying it is so cheap and he asked me did i not know that you guys have to pay vrt?? I live in northern ireland and wouldnt be familiar with car sales, so didnt realise....

Anyway sorry all........

Wow, I'm surprised you weren't aware of our VRT. Were you born in norn iron or are you just a resident over there?

Anyway for anybody interested, the VRT on the car is going to be around the €13k region, bringing the price up to close to half a ton!

Bah not so much a bargain then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Devil's Fuel

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Bah not so much a bargain then

Still very cheap compared to the price of others ones, and with the spec that the owner has listed, its not so dear! Dont think you'll find another car with that kinda of spec!

Well i dont know about the prices in the south but in the north it is a good price for the car, and have yet to see one with this spec, will be in the autotrader next week for some lucky customer :D:D:D

Well i dont know about the prices in the south but in the north it is a good price for the car, and have yet to see one with this spec, will be in the autotrader next week for some lucky customer :D:D:D

The car itself is a good price, it's our rapist Government that'd put me off

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭The Gambler 101

JohnCleary wrote: »
    The car itself is a good price, it's our rapist Government that'd put me off

yeah we're getting robbed left right and centre when it comes to buying vehicles in this country, its a disgrace when we just have to look across the border and see all the nice cars they can afford to drive for so much less!

I reckon they dont charge ya's half enough :D:D

Good enough for ya's, ya's southern bastards :D:D

Yeah any reason why they wont fry chicken in the north?

• Advertisement

So much for the "free" state!!

Theres no such thing as a free steak. or lunch for that matter, now off with you and your tin whistle.

Think of the peace process - be nice lads

• Registered Users Posts: 23,356 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Is it the M sport version? I thought all 535d s were M sport but just found out that there are not! Currently in the market for 5 series. Wasnt considering the 535d- thought they came out in 2005. Twin turbo - any problems? Does servicing/repair work work out expensive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

"Yeah any reason why they wont fry chicken in the north?"

You've obviously never been to Portadown... Fried chicken capital of NI :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Come on buddy post the pics, would save you some answers.

I thought they imported all the southern fried chicken, from down south, should be called northern fried checken, so theres no confusion with marketing. I'll let you know that Bray is the capital of snack boxes on this island.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

I thought they imported all the southern fried chicken, from down south, should be called northern fried checken, so theres no confusion with marketing. I'll let you know that Bray is the capital of snack boxes on this island.

;)

As I heard on the radio this week, many Irish chicken are actually coming from Taiwan and they simply change the sticker on it.
    But this would be another discussion :-)

Cant get pictures to upload but there's some on www.morgancars.net

Cant help but think that this thread is sly advertising the more I read. Still though good price, can't argue with that

Ah tbh sly advetising on the internet doesn't work... Internet geeks will dig up EVERY nook and cranny that exists about a car, so for some chap trying to get cheap advertising could end up being a big deep hole

• Advertisement

PS. If it was a 335d coupe id be jealous. A dirty oul business mans 535d, hardly... a 6 series... ahem, lets not go there :p I'm perfectly happy with my 320d thankyouverymuch. I'm a 21yr old student (well, I do the odd bit of work for a crust believe it or not), tbh if you had a bottle of vodka and a 4pack of redbull id be jealous of you right now

If you were a rich female hairdresser i'd let you away with the 6... Dont suppose yer comin out of the closet anytime soon are ya? :D

-Edit- Sorry but I have to add this in. You are trying to question me calling you cheap for the fact that you're buying expensive cars. Fairplay to you, your paying the Government plenty in tax. It's gas though, I know plenty of filthy rich feckers. Do ya know how they became so rich? Cause they're tight feckers thats why. Ya don't get rich from letting money slip here and there. One example, locla guy to me, owns plenty of hotels etc. etc basicly filthy rich. We were on a baoting rally last summer and he had no beer. I offered to get him some beer (6 mile away via boat) ... the stingy fecker gave me 20 eur, asked for X cans, and asked me 'to bring back the change' ... THATS how he became rich, stingy fecker!

</off topic>

Advertisement