Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sushi

Options
  • 09-01-2008 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

hey! anyone know where to get sushi in cork?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

apart from marks and spencers?
    i think the ivory tower do sushi on specific nights, you'll have to book ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭zenzen

heya Tree - yep i used get the m&s one - it was only ok really compared to really fresh sushi but it was good when i needed a sushi fix. unfortunatly they have stopped doing it for some reason though!! :( grr. i wonder is the ivory tower the only other place that has it so. thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Afaik there is/was a stall in the market in Clonakilty (don't ask me what day the market's on) that sells fresh sushi. In the event that you're in West Cork anytime soon and have a craving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Don't know for sure because I don't eat sushi, but you could check Wagamama http://www.wagamama.ie/ - menu up there so you'll see if sushi is on it there, or the Yumi Yuki club (if it still exists).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The Yumi Yuki is long gone, afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

in the english market they sell it in there near the fish section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

in the english market they sell it in there near the fish section.

ORLY? Every day or just some days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

It's been there every day I've been in so far. You're better off getting in to him in the morning/afternoon- the last time I went in at 4pm he only had smoked salmon left to make the rolls with(which was still nice, but not the same) I want some now! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

Faith wrote: »

It's true. I miss sushi and stout.
    :(
    Casanova was actually in there for a while after YY shut. Was a lot better than its current incarnation on North Main St.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

i believe its daily.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Cool! I will be going there soon then. What are the prices like?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Faith wrote: »

That was such a loss. I used to eat Saturday lunch there on a regular basis, and it was always good.

Over the years I spent in Cork, I saw a lot of good restaurants come and go, yet a lot of mediocre ones remain. Why?

Advertisement